hf1

New Parent Nappy Questions

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: New Parent Nappy Questions

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:19 pm

Echoing advice for cloth wipes and more fleece liners.
I've hardly used any of the fitteds I had with my nb, although that maybe because he is so tiny, and have pretty much only used muslins.
You might want a couple more wraps; 3 might not last long on a squirty bum day with newborn poo, especially with every other day washing. Percy had enteritis last week and steamed through 5 in a couple of hours :shock:
Love wool soakers at night, I swear it's the reason Percy sleeps through :D

My avatar
kittiker
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kittiker » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:01 pm

Thanks for all the great advice on here - I'll be referring back to this thread once baby comes. I'm going to try some Ikea flannels for wipes - I find it such a satisfying idea that the money I can save from wipes alone will (maybe / mostly) pay for my nappies!

Would you guys use the fleece liners from the off? A couple of people have suggested that I leave them off till his poo gets a bit more solid - planning to bf - but do they help with absorbancy / drawing liquid away from babTty's bum?

Thanks again

K x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:06 pm

kittiker wrote:Would you guys use the fleece liners from the off? A couple of people have suggested that I leave them off till his poo gets a bit more solid - planning to bf - but do they help with absorbancy / drawing liquid away from babTty's bum?

Thanks again

K x

Yep I do definitely use fleece (or suedecloth) from the start as I like to know his little bum is as dry as it can be. NB poo just washes off so easily, I do a quick rince cycle in cold water before my main wash it really is as easy as that. Fleece is great once they have solid poo as well as it rolls off into the toilet!

Previous

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds