What are good liners and wraps to use?

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

What are good liners and wraps to use?

Postby frankie_n_baby » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi all,

I am awaiting my next nappy order and have ordered 5 luxury terrys 40x40cm little ewe and 3 each of bamboo 50x50 and 60x60 from nappy nation. I have also ordered a couple of shaped ultra-slim fleece liners, though was thinking of using these with other nappies.
I am wondering what wraps and liners would work best with my choice of terrys, and for a newborn please? :?

Thanks!

Francesca

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: What are good liners and wraps to use?

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Fleece liners - I made my own and just cut an oblong shape to cover most of the nappy from some fleece I bought from an end of roll, you can use a cheap fleece blanket too.

Terries can be quite bulky so you'd need a wrap to cover the whole of that (prefold-wraps are very slim at the sides and don't cover most fitteds anyway) so I would go for something like a Motherease Airflow wrap (the popper ones) or Weenotions.

I've not tried naturebabies wraps so I don't know how well they'd fit over terries but I know people do rave about them too.

Relability wise motherease are fantastic but they're not the prettiest wraps :)

And of course wool would work well over these too :)

60x60 terries would probably be quite bulky on a newborn I'd guess but will be fab later.

For a newborn you don't really NEED liners as breastfed poo and newborn poo is very liquid but OTOH liners will help reduce staining (altho' it suns out)...

Am I making any sense here I'm not sure :lol:

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi Steph,

Thanks, that's great and yes, you are making sense! Where did you get your fleece from? And the blanket fleece? Not being terribly savvy with cloth and supplies, I wouldn't really know where to go.
I was thinking of getting some MEOS nappies with wraps, anyway, but the rikki wrap rather than airflow- do you (or does anyone else) think they might be as good? Why do you say poppers- is that just easier? Was thinking aplix, but still not sure, and have not ordered these yet.
Presumably size 1 wraps would be ok with my 40x40 terries? Or would newborn be better fitting? Was thinking that the 60x60 would do better later, or to stuff with.

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Where did you get your fleece from? And the blanket fleece

blanket fleece - is any old or new blanket that's made out of polyester fleece - you can get these quite cheaply in some home textile shops that sell bedding/curtains

or a shop that sells fabric - abakhan's, john lewis etc will sell polyester fleece by the metre :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:39 pm

We used 40cm bamboo squares on Summer quite alot when she was teeny, we used them with nature babies wraps but had to tuck the edges or the bamboo round her legs as the fold we used meant the bamboo came quite far round her legs, ME airflow wraps would have been much better!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Weenotion wraps are adorable :wink:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:01 pm

i use me rikki wraps initially with prefolds and now over fitteds and they work great :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Yep my wadge of fleece came from http://www.abakhan.co.uk/ as there's one in Manchester city centre...

I suggested ME airflow rather than rikki as I think they've got better coverage on the sides - rikkis are easier to use but not as good coverage as airflows for terries... You could get a mixture...

You've ordered little lambs too - did you get little lambs wraps to go with those? You could use those instead of rikkis...

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Great replies, thanks. Yes, Steph I did get wraps with those, and thanks for the additional info on airflow Vs rikki. I like the sound of weenotions wraps, too. Such lovely designs, too. :wink:
I will look into all those options, ta.

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds