hf1

What's your favourite terry nappy and why?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

What's your favourite terry nappy and why?

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:37 pm

Got to be Bright Bots for me 8) :lol: I'm just that kind of girl, if there is a non white alternative I've gotta have that one lol!!! :wink: I know they arn't as thick as some but as they are not the staple of my collection thats fine for me, I want them to be as quick drying as possible!

When I have another bubba I'd like to get some Little Ewes nb sized terrys, I've got a couple that Iwas given that I use as inserts in pockets and they are lovey and thick.

I would also like to have some bamboo ones, but will wait to see if someone does them in colours lol!!!!!

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:44 pm

I've got 3 little ewes terry squares that I bought for my Mother-in-law as she was ranting and raving about how she used to love seeing her nappies on the line and how terry squares are fast too dry etc etc... and it turns out she doesn't use them but I do and I love them. I love practising all the different ways to fold them and I must say they are quite efficient.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:31 pm

You know, I have always been a little scared of flat nappies. I just thought they would be difficult so went straight for the shaped nappies. I have since bought some prefolds and bamboo terries for boosters and stuffing pockets and when I have the next (fingers crossed) I fully intend to try out some folding.

Can't see Mark ever going for it though :roll:

Annette

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:36 pm

I just can't get the hang of the folding!! Mebbie I've got the wrong size or something I don't know... it's all a bit fiddly and complicated for me - and I've got a wriggly bear who makes even shaped two-part nappies a challenge sometimes!!

I've got some bright bots but they mainly get used as nappy mat covers!!

Prefolds are our backup nappy now but used to be the mainstay of our collection...

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:18 pm

Bright bots here for us too :) They have faded alot but still good (I used them for a short time with Hanny too)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:00 am

Giselle, what fold are you using?? I think Kiara and Louis are a similar size. I used to use the Jo fold and loved it but it is too small for him now and I havent' found another fold I liek so havent' been using them. :oops:

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:44 am

My Brightbots are making fab tea towels at the moment, since there's no baby to put in them!!

My dad came round, dried his hands on one and commented on how soft and absorbent it was - honestly! He wants some for his kitchen.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:01 am

:lol: :lol: at you dad em! dh had an argument with a french lady who just wouldn't believe they were nappies hanging on the line, she thought they were handtowels and wanted some!

My avatar
flamesparrow
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby flamesparrow » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:07 pm

The only ones I have used were boots own ones (not very nice!!!), but I have had a few orders for Little Ewe ones to be dyed, and they are goooooooooooooorgeous! So thick and lovely binding.

Odd thing is that its dog groomers that buy them :lol: They are the perfect size for drying apparently and great quality. Its odd but kind of cool to know that my business cards get taken to dog shows for when people ask them about their pretty towels :lol:

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds