hf1

Prefolds on a 14 month old?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Prefolds on a 14 month old?

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:17 pm

SOMEWHERE we have at least one bambino mio birth to potty set, I bought one second hand and then got given loads of extra bags of prefolds from freecycle so litterally have loads. I used them with DD when she was still in newborn but was never that keen, but didn't hate them.

Was thinking as we have them anyway, I might just give them a try on DD now she is that much bigger. I have found loads of the prefolds but not the bambino mio wraps in the large sizes. I was wondering if there are any other wraps I can use with them? I have lots of wraps and don't want to buy any more specially for the prefolds as I doubt we will actually get on with them as we have better nappies. I have ME airflows, possibly a rikki or 2, tots bots, couple of other random ones, pro wraps and I think thats about it (we only ever use ME airflows with the shaped nappies).

Its mainly that if we can get on with the prefolds, then we never need to worry about running out of nappies as we have so many.

I have found it isn't worth selling the prefolds as they don't sell for much and are so big and bulky to post etc. And they make the best pads for putting on the nappy mat for little babies when they have nappy free time - that is what I am looking forward too! (sad I know!). Elouise was hardly ever wearing a nappy when she was inactive! She prefered wearing no nappy and I was happy for her to lie on a prefold (on top of the changing mat) with a mobile or something over her and she would just happily lie there!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Prefolds on a 14 month old?

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:21 pm

A rikki wrap may work, or even the tots bots if they are gusseted!

You could use them to stuff wraps!

Naturebabies wraps would work with prefolds and they have some very pretty patterns!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Thank you - will have to look at a nature babies one then if they have pretty patterns!! :lol: I am awful and need to stop spending! This site has been a bad influence on me!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:00 pm

JennyPenny wrote: This site has been a bad influence on me!

Thats what we're here for :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Well I actually found my large BM wraps after this post! Was very weird! DH found them when he was in the loft! Might give them a try tomorrow with a prefold in.

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:17 pm

I use Nature Babies, I think the Rikki one would work well too. I have a gusseted style Whisper wrap on the way that I was told will be more slim fitting and hold the prefold in place well.
I have found the key to using prefolds with a 14 month old (actually there are 2 keys) is
1) put a vest on which fastens under the nappy, to keep the prefold in place (or you could pin the prefold to hold it up but personally I can't be bothered) Otherwise the nappy ends up at DDs knees. Hasn't leaked yet but I can see it happening...
2) get a velcro wrap so you can get the nappy on before LO squirms and messes up your folded prefold. Nature babies are more popular in poppers but you can get velcro too.

My avatar
amy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby amy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:46 am

Hi,

I'm an occasional lurker. :idea: Have used various types of cloth on my 3, but discovered that if you nippa a prefold in the angel fold (google 'angel fold nappy lady') they actually make fairly decent nappies - especially for padding out a stash cheaply.

ETA: This way you can use any wrap you fancy too - Nature Babies, WeeNotions...

Amy xx

Ellie, 8
Alfie, 5
Grace, 2

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:24 am

amy, i have tried using a nappy nippa but once DD was sitting it just seemed uncomfortable? It was making a mark across her belly and she kept clawing at her nappy. Maybe I didn't use it right though?

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds