Bambino Mio nappies - for newborns?

My avatar
CarinaB
Clothie
Clothie

Bambino Mio nappies - for newborns?

Postby CarinaB » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi

Has anyone used BM for their newborn baby? I've tried, but failed miserably!

Poo everywhere, every change. Could you please send me your tips/advice on folding the nappy (which seems to be the biggest problem) and which wraps you used with the prefold?

Thanks,
Carina

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Bambino Mio nappies - for newborns?

Postby flutterby » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Not tried, not heard great things though, and you'll get more replies in the flat nappies sect, sure one of the mods will move this for you though :D

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:55 pm

I used them successfully on Harriet but we did get through a lot of wraps. Very few leaks though. We just used the 3 pad fold :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:00 pm

flutterby wrote:Not tried, not heard great things though, and you'll get more replies in the flat nappies sect, sure one of the mods will move this for you though :D

Done :wink:

I used them with Amy and we got quite a lot of poo leaks too so gave up. :( The best fold i found was the bikin twist with a nippa (see here) As for wraps any wrap with a gusset should work well. Motherease Rikkis and Nature Babies are probably the most reliable.

My avatar
CarinaB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby CarinaB » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:14 am

Thanks! Will give the Bambino Mio nappies another go. :D
Carina

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 am

We used them successfully but found that the wraps did wick quite badly very quickly and I didnt like the shape, so bought a couple of tots bots, nature babies and cotton bottoms wraps (with gussets) and used the bambino mio right up until Evie was about 6 months old, using the bog standard pad fold (nappy folded into 3). Any close fitting wrap would work well, Motherease Rikki were recommended to me as bombproof.

I did use a hemp booster underneath the prefold though when absorbancy became an issue, I think everyone would happily recommend easy peasy hemp inserts, at £2 each they were great (but they do need about 10 washes to get up to full absorbancy, and you put them underneath the prefold as while they are very absorbant, they soak up wee slowly).

HTH, Sadie xx

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds