hf1

Prefold for Nurseries

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Prefold for Nurseries

Postby becky1978 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:35 am

When DS1 was a baby I sent him to a childminder with two folded prefolds and a wrap and she got on fine even though she'd never used cloth before.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:24 pm

I totally agree with the others - your daughter, your nappies, your choice.
Def pursue the cost of replacing the blueberry.

We used 2parters (tots bots & wraps) before DS PT'd
Worked really well.
They only had one other child in cloth when he started & that child had prefolds - nursery just said as long as you send them all made up its fine!

I personally didn't get on with prefolds with DS (but when I tried he was super tiny, less than 6lbs, and we were new to cloth & I discovered pretty's! But gonna give them ago again with DD now I know more & have more confidence.

I would recommend using 1 nappy system so not to confuse nursery - but a system that is reliable, even if not put on 100% right, as nursery staff are not as practiced at it as you are!

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:37 pm

I use prefolds most of the time during the day but once DD will start nursery I will be sending fitteds - I find that prefolds are great as long as you know how to fasten them otherwise they'll leak, which is particularly a problem for us since we use wool covers! Even DH is not very good with them, the last time he tried to put one on I ended up having a nasty surprise while I was feeding DD and she had a poo (which basically went straight out) :shock:

Previous

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds