hf1

confused and overwhelmed, help please

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

confused and overwhelmed, help please

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:15 pm

My mum has bought me some terries today and I must say I'm completely baffled! I've just about got my head round two parters and now my baby brain has melted with it all :-?
I hopefully don't have too many questions and with any luck someone will be able to help me. I want to use the terries along side my two parters so can I use the same wraps? There is no way I will be putting those plastic pants on my baby :shock: they are AWFUL!
I'm going to convert to cloth sometime between week 1 and 2 so what will be the best fold to use on my 1/ 2 week old?
Do I still need boosters and liners?
Can I dye, them and if so how?
Can I still dry pail all my nappies together with the terries or do the terries need to be wet pailed? (I have pockets as well as two parters)
I think that's everything sorry for being so clueless :oops: if I think of anything I'll add it later. One day I'll have a clue :doh: .
Thanks
Lisa

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: confused and overwhelmed, help please

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri May 22, 2009 8:19 pm

I found the 'jo fold' the best (a google search should give you instructions) and really easy to do, but I found it was easier to fold the whole pile of clean nappies so they were already to go. Just treat them like all your other nappies, dry pailing. They shouldn't need boosting especially in the early days, you could use a liner, or leave a liner out your choice. The same wraps will work as they are just flat 2 parters. Have you got a nappi nippa, as you will need one or traditional nappy pins (really don't recommend these, nippas are harmless in comparison to you, baby and fabric!) to hold the nappy onto the baby. Oh and dying - dylon will work just fine!

It does get easier I promise!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri May 22, 2009 11:28 pm

I also used the Jo fold on DD when she was diddy, see here http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/public/ar ... spx?id=141 of course you can dye them but remember to wash them a few times before washing AND PAILING with the rest of you nappies! Yes use the same wraps, I don't blame you for not wanting to use plastic pants, such a shame that people have this preconception of cloth nappies being terries and plastic pants and wet pailing as it really not appealing is it?! Pail them all together they are just another type of 2 parter :D

Good luck!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat May 23, 2009 5:57 am

WTS. The jo fold was great on DD when she was tiny too. The easiest way to dye the terries will be in the washing machine with some Dylon as Annette says. We used Nature Babies, ME Rikkis and Wee Notions wraps over our terries.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat May 23, 2009 8:54 am

Thanks everyone, I don't know why I was so scared of getting terries!? :lol: I'm sat here folding away and it's quite fun actually, I'm sure after the millionth nappy the novelty will wear off but it certainly won't be as difficult as I thought so thank you for the help.
My OH doesn't get why I'm sat here folding things up and then showing him, I'll just leave the fitteds for him :mrgreen: .
Lisa
xXx

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat May 23, 2009 9:02 am

I used to enjoy folding terries too. I still use them as stuffing in my pockets too so they're great value for money.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat May 23, 2009 12:01 pm

I still use the terries as boosting for nappies too! You know you are addicted when it comes to folding napkins in restaurants :wink:

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Laura2904 » Sat May 23, 2009 4:04 pm

ooh this post is getting me thinking about trying the terriers... I'm a pocket user, me... the lazy way haha!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:47 pm

I love my terries, as you can get loads of different shapes and fits from just one nappy! But I'm struggling to find a fold that you can put on a toddler that stands up for nappy change and will not lay down.... :x

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds