hf1

shall i use terries then?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

shall i use terries then?

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:07 am

Charlie is 13lb, and has a big tum n little bum lol. Ive only just started with the whole reusable thing so still finding my feet. I want to use something easy most of the time (bamboozles etc), but thinking it might be cost effective to use terries....and it also means i dont have to worry about certain brands not fitting right etc, as obviously with terries you can get a good secure fit round the legs n waist.
So.....where do i start? I assume there are bamboo terries about? Oh, is that what theyre called, or is it flats?.....gonna check out the nappy lady now i think.....

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: shall i use terries then?

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:16 am

You can get bamboo terries. I've not used them though. I use Mothercare/Boots/Junior Joy terries. The JJ one are good, bigger than the others, but the others aren't too bad really. Mothercare are my least fave though

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:30 am

whats the difference between a good terry and a bad one then?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:47 am

Some of my Mothercare ones are just scruffy looking and looking thin in places. A couple of my JJ ones look a bit thin in places too but they're huge compared to my MC ones so they do get used more. The boots ones I've just been given and haven't really used yet so cant comment too much

I'm sure some of the girls will be along to tell you about Bamboo in a bit :)

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:13 am

I loved my terry squares and experiencing with all the different folds. You can also use them to stuff nappies and when they were too small, I made nappies with them. I know there are some bamboo ones around. I just used little ewe ones so I don't know about bamboo ones.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:23 am

Pinchette wrote:I loved my terry squares and experiencing with all the different folds. You can also use them to stuff nappies and when they were too small, I made nappies with them. I know there are some bamboo ones around. I just used little ewe ones so I don't know about bamboo ones.

That's what I've been doing with mine :)~ I need a serger :-?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:00 am

Bamboo ones would be great although I never used them (dont' think you could get them when Louis was tiny so I got Bright Bots ones which are now fab hand towels in the kids bathroom!). I found them invaluable when he was between size 1 and 2 nappies and it was autumn or spring so no heating inside but not warm enough out to dry fitteds in a day.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:42 am

little ewe terry sqaures are luvly bulky tho i have got mothercare and junipor joy ones which are slim and you would probaly need a bamboo booster between the nappy and wrap but even now they are probably my all time fave as tehy are easy to get dry in the winter

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:57 am

clothmama wrote:Bamboo ones would be great although I never used them (dont' think you could get them when Louis was tiny so I got Bright Bots ones which are now fab hand towels in the kids bathroom!). I found them invaluable when he was between size 1 and 2 nappies and it was autumn or spring so no heating inside but not warm enough out to dry fitteds in a day.

i use mine as hand towels too :giggle: perfect size for them now they are too small for dan. and i've used them as tea towels and burp cloths too. stuffed pockets with them dried my hair :shock: dolly towel, :giggle: cleaning up spilt drinks so they are usefull even if you decide not to use them as nappies!

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds