hf1

how to nippa a prefold?

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

how to nippa a prefold?

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:35 pm

i have been given loads of BambinoMio prefolds, about 4 small and 20 large, alesha is 18lb so using the medium and large wraps but the prefolds seem way to long inside the nappy(pops out the back if i try and put it on), am i doing something wrong? i have been using pockets and 2 partners for so long now, confused on how to do these?
i have read a couple posts on here about people that nippa there prefolds, how does this work (pictures would be good as i not good at instructions unless stupidly clear lol)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: how to nippa a prefold?

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:40 pm

http://fernandfaerie.com/sewing_prefolds.html
Never tried it (I use terry squares, not prefolds), but have a look at the Nifty Variations bit :)
HTH

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:17 am

When i nippa a prefold i lay it flat and then fold 2 inches or so down at the back and then bring it up betwen his legs...if its still a bit too long then i fan out the front anf fold it down a bit and then nippa :)

To nippa I~
lay the prefold flat, fold back as necessary and then fold the two side panels into the middle panel between his legs and bring it up (if its too long then i fan out and fold down again) and then I pul the sides around to meet the front bit and nippa each side and the middle. My Ds is 4 months and about 15lbs and I use the larges (blue stitching around the edge...JJ ones) as the smalls wont reach around him now :)

If your just trifolding then~
lay prefold flat, fold an inch or so down at the front and then trifold it, makes the front abit bulkier but it should fit in the wrap better like that :)

This site shows how to with pictures~
http://diaperpages.com/pf_folds.php

My avatar
fimc
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby fimc » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Ooh, I'm going to have a go at that. I have a pile of prefolds that at present I just have been using as boosters.

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds