hf1

Muslins leaking around legs.....

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

Muslins leaking around legs.....

Postby twirlygirly » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:40 pm

I've tried turning in the edges but they still leak most of the time. My lovely new wraps all have yellow stains on the leg gussets :( Any tips? I'm using the Jo Fold, I think. He's 10 days old and breastfed.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Muslins leaking around legs.....

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:59 pm

I never used muslins as a nappy, but maybe they're not absorbant enough? Try boosting it with a micrfibre cloth or something?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:54 pm

wss cant imagine they are absorbent enough i would say use some terry squares or veen better for absorbency bbamboo,

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twirlygirly » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:18 pm

They are leaking poo, it's not the wee that's the problem. I'd imagine it would be the same with a terry or prefold unless I can work out how to stop them leaking.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:20 pm

It sounds as though you need something more fitted around the legs. Can't advise on folds as I have never used muslins or terries.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:31 pm

weird! what wraps are you using? they should be snug round the legs so no poo can escape. is it leaking out of the wrap or just the nappy? we used jo fold with terries which never leaked wonder if its wrapped tight enough

oh congrats on your newbaby too :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:33 pm

We often had newborn poo leak out of nappies, they are just so explosive and liquid that sometimes any nappy can't cope. But as long as they don't leak out of the wrap then that is good. That is the advantage of a 2 part system - 2 lines of defence :wink:

Have you tried hanging the wraps up in the sunshine (I know, what's that?) to bleach out the yellow stains?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:34 pm

As pp said, you could try something that has elasticated legs which would provide a bit more contrainment.

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twirlygirly » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:05 am

The wraps aren't leaking just the nappies, they don't always leak. I guess it's just one of those things.
Will try hanging the wraps in the sun. Thanks ladies.

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds