hf1

Terries and Prefold for a chunky toddler

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:45 am

That looks great. Let us know how it works.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby jules070603 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:32 pm

W0w, I am impressed.

I have never tried terry squares but will definately get s0me next time and give them a whirl.

My avatar
Mum22
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mum22 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:26 pm

Well the homemade Terry/prefold job worked fine and held everything in.

But I'm afraid that since joining and reading everyones posts about all the wonderful nappies out there my Bank Acc has taken a hammering this w/end and I've bought a load of new/preloved nappies to see DD to potty training.

I just hope she doesn't do it too quickly now as I've got to justify my purchases to DH yet :oops:

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby JennyWren » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi, I know the feeling. Livia getting into potty training at the mo. We have just given up on using our terries, which I have loved from the start as I am quite impatient with drying fitteds. But I also saw the potty training phase as an excuse to buy some different types of nappies (well pre-loved at least). We now have a new stash of nappies that are really good for pulling up and down in a hurry - sandy's, few pockets, pull up wraps etc. It is all working very well for us. Quite often she asks to go in the potty but I know she feels relaxed about doing it at her own pace. Very impressed at your sewing skills - I have the machine out at the moment, making a costume, but my sewing is a bit wonky! Jenny x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:33 am

JennyWren wrote:I have the machine out at the moment, making a costume, but my sewing is a bit wonky! Jenny x

Didn't you say that's the cider Jenny :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :?:

My avatar
samsmum
Clothie
Clothie

terry folds

Postby samsmum » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:06 pm

Not sure how old your toddler is, but I am still using my 60x60 little ewe squares on my chunky 18 month, and there still seems plenty of space. I use the envelope fold (also know as the jo fold)

http://www.wen.org.uk/nappies/reports/nappyfolding.pdf

To make the fold bigger, just alter step 2 of the fold. If this doesn't leave enough bulk for absorbency, you can easily add a booster. Personally I don't need to boost it. It lasts at least 4 hours.
HTH

Previous

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds