best terries

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: best terries

Postby littlesez » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:35 pm

ChristinePlush wrote:Depends a bit on what you need from them, when you say which are the best do you mean thickest, most absorbent, longest lasting?

Junior Joy terries - similar to Mothercare for thickness but last much better, good for birth to potty, great value, may need boosting for older ones.

Bright Bots terries - better quality, a bit thicker and softer, available as white or coloured nappies, the coloured ones are good fun and a bit different.

Nature Babies - slimmer fitting terries, they do a newborn size which is fantastic and can be used as a booster for bigger terries later if you just fold into a pad. The edges are overlocked rather than bound which means they will give a slimmer profile as bound edges do add bulk.

Bamboo terries - very soft, slim and absorbent, but more expensive than cotton, don't tumble dry them. Bamboo in a single layer is fast drying so shouldn't need to anyway. We've got 2 options at the moment, the Nature Babies ones ar 50cm and overlocked edges, good for starting out with, and the Tots Bots ones are 60cm with bound edges, so more of a birth to potty option.

Little Ewes were lovely, quite thick and absorbent and soft, the closest we have available now would be the Iobio terries which are also organic cotton.

HTH - it does help when you can see and feel them to appreciate the quality difference. But I'd say if you're looking for Little Ewes quality you would like Iobio, or possibly the Whitebots (by Bright Bots).

fab thanks! Im looking into using bamboo terries for stuffing and looking to stock a range of cotton/ bamboo and different sizes for my shop. So do little ewes not exist anymore?

steph I have read soemwhere not to tumble them but can't remember why! what make do you use by the way

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:51 pm

littlesez wrote:fab thanks! Im looking into using bamboo terries for stuffing and looking to stock a range of cotton/ bamboo and different sizes for my shop. So do little ewes not exist anymore?

steph I have read soemwhere not to tumble them but can't remember why! what make do you use by the way

Little ewes do still exist and lots of places sell them!!

wil go find you my link too Sara...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Mine were from here but they don't sell the ones I bought anymore :roll:

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:16 pm

I think lollipop still do bamboo terries as well. I've got one I use as stuffing. Little ewe are definitely still going I've got a few bits and pieces of theirs. :)

My avatar
Sofia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Sofia » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:25 pm

I have some Little Ewe terries, they are left over from DS1, he used them and they were great. They are still in great condition too. However, decided to buy a few more with the new baby, so went back to Little Green Earthlets (where I have always seemed to get my nappies, now I am now tempted by 100's of online stores and numerous brands!)
I asked them why they no longer had Little Ewe. And this is what they told me: They were the people who had Little Ewe made always. It was their brand, but then they were stopped from using that brand as someone went and trademarked the name quite recently. So they had to stop the name and now they just call the identical terries, Little Green Earthlets instead. They are 100% Soil Association approved organic cotton and just as thick as ever. Same exactly as before.
They are really nice, as I got another 6.

Previous

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds