hf1

Prefolds

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Prefolds

Postby Natalie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:13 pm

Does anyone use these most of the time? I love how they look esp embelished ones x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Mmmm only to stuff my pockets with :lol: :lol:

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Natalie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:06 pm

Charliemum wrote:Mmmm only to stuff my pockets with :lol: :lol:

Teehee thats what ive been doing with my small ones too :P

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:42 pm

I don't even use them for stuffing anymore ! tried prefolds a few times when L was smaller but never got on with them!

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:50 pm

We used them with Isabelle when she was small and they were okay but I think there are much more reliable options out there...

Now they're used for mopups for any accidents during nappy off time and for stuffing nappies...

The large ones are quite good in the large HHs...

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:42 pm

I use prefolds all the time - as a soft warm thing on the changing mat.

I used the 4 tiny ones we had a lot and never had a problem with them now grown out of, I just prefer the other nappies more and haven't bothered to try the next size up as we haven't run out of nappies yet.

So an extreme emergency nappy for me!

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Prefolds

Postby Natalie » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:44 pm

Well i got some new ones from Freecycle ive dyed them Turqoise and LOVE them! Amber's in her 3rd one of the day, super slim no bulk. I maybe converting to all prefolds one day! Im going to embelish these at some point my sewing isnt great but gonna have a try :P

My avatar
Laura@FYP
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Laura@FYP » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:39 am

I used Pre-folds exclusively when I first started CN'ing, now I probably use them 30% of the time, I just do tri-fold, nice ay easy :P - but not as reliable of course as some of my other nappies.

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:27 pm

I use prefolds about 50% of the time. I use them with Nature Babies guesseted wrap so never have leaks. Sometimes poo gets on the cover though but never leaks through.
They are dead easy to use and you can't ruin them easily like other nappy systems. Also cheap, so you can buy loads of them and never have to worry about running out of nappies. I find them very absorbent as well so I use them whenever we go out.
The downside is, once my DD started walking I've had to make sure she is wearing a vest every day when I use prefolds, to keep the nappy up, otherwise the whole nappy slides down her hips. I have ordered some different wraps to see if we can fix this problem, also I think some people pin them but I can't be bothered.

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds