hf1

Prefold for runny poo?

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Prefold for runny poo?

Postby Amanda » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Ooh it was a bit of a surprise to see I'd replied on this thread already, thought I was completely losing the plot but then spotted the date :giggle:

I used paper liners from the start, more to help prevent staining on the nappy. But instead of throwing them away I washed them with the nappies until they started to disintegrate several washes later. They're much softer after a wash too. Once I started with fleece liners I didn't use the paper ones so much unless it was a wide crotch nappy that the fleece didn't fully cover.

My avatar
[patchwork]
Clothie
Clothie

Postby [patchwork] » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Are the disposable ones paper? Or are they like baby wipes? I've not opened the packet that came with my nappies x

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:28 pm

They're paper. The ones I used said flushable but they blocked our drain so I wouldn't recommend it. The small print on the pack said not suitable for all toilet systems or drains, so I binned them once they started to fall apart after a few washes.

My avatar
[patchwork]
Clothie
Clothie

Postby [patchwork] » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:31 pm

:thumbsup: thankyou that's very helpful! I dont have to feel so bad using disposable liners then if I can reuse them :D

Previous

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds