hf1

Don't laugh at me but....

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Don't laugh at me but....

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:14 pm

I bought a bamboo prefold the other day as I was ordering nappies and thought 'ooo I don't have a prefold' but then when my order turned up today I have realised that I have absolutely no idea what on earth you do with a prefold :oops: :shock: :giggle:

It appears to be a square of bamboo with an extra layer in the middle (looks similar to my Puddlekins trifold booster)

I'm confused, help!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Don't laugh at me but....

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm not going to laugh at all as I wouldn't have a clue either. :wink:

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:53 pm

I don't know but it tells you on page 14 of twinkleonthewebs guide :wink:
http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatal ... onappy.pdf

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:46 pm

You can either fold it into 3rds and lay it in a wrap or use a nappy nippa and fasten it one of the ways shown on this site~
http://diaperpages.com/pf_folds.php

I like the angel wing fold if im using a nippa but quite honistly i love the simplicity if a tri-folded prefold laid in a cover :)
If the prefold is too long when you fold it into thirds then you can fold a couple of inches down at the top and then fold it into thids and that gives you more absorbancy at the front if that makes sense?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 pm

megansmummy wrote:You can either fold it into 3rds and lay it in a wrap or use a nappy nippa and fasten it one of the ways shown on this site~
http://diaperpages.com/pf_folds.php

I like the angel wing fold if im using a nippa but quite honistly i love the simplicity if a tri-folded prefold laid in a cover :)
If the prefold is too long when you fold it into thirds then you can fold a couple of inches down at the top and then fold it into thids and that gives you more absorbancy at the front if that makes sense?

OOOOOOOooooooh, Tory, will nipparing a bamboo prefold work because i know bamboo doesnt always nipper up very well and ive just got hold of some lovely bamboo prefolds but i doubt they will get used as prefolds if they wont nipper...i know they also work brilliantly as pockets stuffers though!
:hohoho:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:35 am

Ange, im not totaly sure but pinning would work i would think :-? I think it would sepend on the bamboo material? bamboozles i could never nippa but then my goodmamas would nippa i think and they are OBV...

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds