hf1

bummis prefolds?

My avatar
nappymad09
Clothie
Clothie

bummis prefolds?

Postby nappymad09 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:05 pm

anyone use the organic bummis prefolds?? i have just bought 12 new small prefolds and 2 new superbrite wraps to try out as anyone else used these. what are your thoughts on them??

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: bummis prefolds?

Postby megansmummy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:35 am

How are you getting on with them? I have been looking at them but not bought any yet?

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:39 am

I have several different brands of prefolds and the bummis organics are my favourite. They are very absorbent and last a good couple of hours even with my super heavy wetter. They wash very nicely too. I line dry most of the time and they don't go crunchy, unlike some of my other prefolds (particularly the bambino mio). I mostly use my prefolds pad folded inside a close fitting cover or to stuff pocket nappies. We’re relatively new to cloth, but my SIL used prefolds from birth. Pad folded isn’t good for BF poo containment but she discovered that if you fold them around the baby, securing with a nappi nippa before putting the cover on, there are rarely leaks.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:13 am

i'm really tempted by the bummis too but not sure cotton will cope with her weeing power :-? any one know of any good bamboo ones?

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:18 am

I have a couple of these bamboo prefolds: http://www.greenjellyshop.co.uk/Reusabl ... od_14.html

Not cheap but great for nighttime or heavy wetters.

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds