hf1

Using muslin squares for nappys?

My avatar
sammijayne
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Using muslin squares for nappys?

Postby sammijayne » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:36 am

hiya :idea: , i used pockets for my 2 year ols an used GK bamboo inserts. only the took along time to dry. so with my 8 week old baby im wanting to use muslin squares as they dont need to be as absorbant. i just dont know what type or wrap would work for them. does anyone have a suggestion?? thanks :D

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Using musllin squares for nappys?

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:44 am

i used muslin squares on dd at the beginning, but by 8 weeks found they weren't absorbant enough - either i had to add a booster in or use something else. she was a power wee'er at that age though. if you're nippa'ing them, then any of the usual PUL wraps would work - eg motherease rikki or airflow, little lambs (found the ll's good when dd was little), or even fleece or wool.

hth

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:49 am

i know some people use them successfully but they wouldn't have been absorbant enough for either of mine. i used terry squares with rikki wraps for a while

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:08 pm

I used muslins for the first few weeks and found them great- used a variety of PUL and fleece wraps and never had a problem.

By 8 weeks though DS was in small nappies/terries etc as the muslins weren't absorbent enough so you might find the same already with your lo.

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Huh, we use muslins as stuffing for our pockets and we've not had any problems so far. Muslins are probably my favourite 'insert' for a pocket. We easily get 3-4 hours out of this set-up.

My avatar
sammijayne
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Using muslin squares for nappys?

Postby sammijayne » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:22 pm

thanks for your help. iv stuffed a pocket with it and it seemed to work well, and i think it will dry so fast so ill kepp up with them as long as i can :) thnaks :wink:

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:57 pm

i am using muslins with cotton bottom wraps at the moment and dont' need nippas to keep them on, even when using a poo catcher fold.

Lisa

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:02 pm

can you just fold muslins like a prefold and lie them in a wrap?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Asta wrote:can you just fold muslins like a prefold and lie them in a wrap?

I d imagine so, not done it myself. I did one of the terries fold and that worked fine. Only used for a week or two at newborn though as they were wee d through quickly.

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds