hf1

Bright Bots - washing for 1st time!?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Bright Bots - washing for 1st time!?

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:39 pm

Well after seeing Tory rave about how cute the bright bots terry squares were I splashed out!

Only thing is I'm a bit worried about the colour running in the wash...

Any advice?

Cheers

Steph

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:44 pm

Steph, they are cute arn't they, BUT they take loads of washes to get the colour out. The first 5 times I washed them with the orange/red/yellow, and the others. After that I started doing them all together. I accidently put the red one through the other day and nothing came out pink so they aer ok, but last full lot of them I did the prefolds still came out slightly blue/green. Thats what I've been doing to test, chucking anything white in that I donùt mind if it coulours. I tend to do 1 terry day or so a week to catch up on ,y drying of the others and so I've got a reasonabley full load. Befroe I even put them in the machine to start with I put them individually in a bucket of very hot water to soak then squeeze out all the excess dye. Hope this helps :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:06 pm

That's a brilliant idea - I'll try that (bucket of hot water trick)

I don't mind my prefolds going pinky or bluey really - just don't want the yellow one going dull so a few seperate washes are in order I guess - DH laughing at me for buying terries after I told him (when pg) that we wouldn't get terries and that reusables were so simple now... And now he's all confused by the different types we have!!

Oh well :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:53 pm

Steph, I put the yellow one in with the darker colours and it ended up wiht a purple splodge but it came out luckily!! I think as a result it isn't quite as bright though!! lol the things we do for nappies, I wouldn't have bleived it a month ago!! Joel has set up broadband at my parents inlwas so I'm back on line thank god!!!

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds