hf1

Bambino mio

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Bambino mio

Postby flutterby » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:18 pm

My friend has been given some, and I've never used prefolds but I said I'd ask if anyone has ever got on with this, I already reccomended that she might want to get some other wraps (weehuggers.thirsties duos) but the last thing I want is for her to try them, them be awful and put her off cloth all together, so are they useable??

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Bambino mio

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Not really...
Even for prefolds they're a bit rubbish!

Ok so they're ok ish if you don't have a heavy wetter but I think they'd put any potential cloth user off for life...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:21 pm

They make good mopup cloths and napy off time pads though ;)

I'll post properly later when I'm not eating tea ;)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Iv never used BM prefolds but a good wrap deffinatly goes a long way!! Thirsties duos are m favs and weehuggers would come second. Also pass on the info about nippa'ing them etc as pad folding isnt for everyone and it offers another option! :)

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:26 pm

how old is the baby?
I used them with Harry without any probs till he got to about 18 months and then they needed changing all the time or they would leak :roll: but I personally think there are much better alternatives available now that are much slimmer and less bulky but more absorbant and softer like thirstie prefolds etc , or bamboo velour or organic cotton prefolds,

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:41 pm

I used them with Evie until she was 6 months old and didnt have any problems with the prefolds, though the wraps were rubbish. I only ventured out of the world of prefolds as the smaller sizes were getting too small and the larger sizes were too bulky, or I would probably have used them right through :D

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 pm

megansmummy wrote:Iv never used BM prefolds but a good wrap deffinatly goes a long way!! Thirsties duos are m favs and weehuggers would come second. Also pass on the info about nippa'ing them etc as pad folding isnt for everyone and it offers another option! :)

If only I had known about nippas back when I started with cloth.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:52 pm

put my brother off cloth :( I would just warn your frend that they are not for everyone and to try them first buyt not to be disheartend if they dont measure up

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:59 pm

I used Bambino Mio prefolds successfully on Harriet until she was about 8 months but I didn't use their wraps after she outgrew the newborn size.

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds