Which size prefolds?

My avatar
seducts
Clothie
Clothie

Which size prefolds?

Postby seducts » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi everyone :wave:

I got given a load of prefolds from a friend of a friend and have different sized ones. I have some small ones with purple stitching, some bigger ones with plain stitching, some bigger ones with green stitching and some even bigger ones with blue stitching. I'm planning on dying some and wondered which ones you think I should dye?

I saw on another post that the ones with green stitching fit on newborns if you fold them the "wrong way" should I dye these instead of the newborn ones? What do you think?

Thanks!
Dani x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Which size prefolds?

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:44 am

:wave:

It really depends on how old your baby is?

I would say for newborns then swaddlebees newborn/smalls are a better size (available from babykind.co.uk) than the green edged ones, the green eged ones would be more bulky on a tiny baby than the swaddlebees ones but certainly do-able if you dont mind the bulk.

Tri-folding into three's makes the nappy last longer so for a newborn i would tri fold or angel wing fold the swaddlebees newborns, then as they grow a bit bigger you could angel wing fold the green edges whilst still being able to tri fold the smalls, then as they grow more you could angel wing the ble edged ones and tri fold the green edged ones...if that make sense? So if you use a fold like the angel wing fold (see sticky at the top of this forum) then you need to use a bigger prefold...if you just tri fold then you can get away with the smaller ones...its really trial and error :)

Good luck :)

My avatar
seducts
Clothie
Clothie

Postby seducts » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Well he's not here yet so I'm going from newborn :) I guess I'm trying to find out which ones are worth dying ie which will last longest? That dylon is bloody expensive!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:40 am

Ahh i see...

Well its difficult to say really...they are rather like Small, medium and large and so will fit your baby at different times...as he grows you will need to channge the size of prefolds...i got the most use out of my green edged ones but thats just becuase thats what suited us best :wink:

My avatar
flower child
Clothie
Clothie

Postby flower child » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:30 am

are they cotton or bamboo (I'm thinking cotton based on the stitch colours you mentioned)?

Our smaller ones (about 33cm) are great stuffers for pocket nappies, and it would be a shame to dye them, so I would think the bigger ones if you wanted to get more use.

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds