hf1

Nippa or no nippa?

My avatar
im_mi
Clothie
Clothie

Nippa or no nippa?

Postby im_mi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:45 pm

i'm about to start my foray into prefold nappies and i'm wondering - do i need to use a nippa? we used prefolds for a short while when he was newborn and we didnt use one then, but im wondering if, at 4 months, he'll need one. thanks in advance!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Nippa or no nippa?

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:01 pm

I would say it depends on which wrap you choose. We used prefolds for the first 6 months and never used a nippa, just a close fitting wrap held it in place - if i can remember correctly, we mainly used Nature Babies and Tots Bots and these suited perfectly - and there are quite a few close fitting wraps out there that would work well. If you used a baggier wrap or wool that didnt hold the prefold in place, then I would say you would need to use a nippa then :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Nippa or no nippa?

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:08 pm

I would get some and try both ways. Some people find that containment is much better if the prefold is nippa'd rather than pad folded. I have a few pretty ones for my bump and will be nippa'ing them. Mainly because I will only be using wool but also as I found that they worked better for us that way.

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds