hf1

Fold for a NB with a 40cm bamboo square

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Fold for a NB with a 40cm bamboo square

Postby flutterby » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:19 pm

I bought some bamboo squares for stuffing pockets, but decided it's be silly not to know a fold for them incase I need an emergency nappy, I know obv a 40cm square is small and will only really fit a NB, but then isn't that when you need the extra nappies!

So yeah any advice as to a fold for a NB with a 40cm square would be much appreciated!!!

My avatar
Diner
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Fold for a NB with a 40cm bamboo square

Postby Diner » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:26 pm

I used flats for my dd for most of her nappy life. My favourite fold was one called Jo's fold. It has these little leg fold thingies that helped to catch the runny BF poo.

Check it out http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/public/articledetails.aspx?id=141

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 pm

FAB I've just had a little play with my square (though doesn't look perfect as my square hasnt been prewashed therfore not actaully a square yet, but it looks soo cute and neat!! I can't wait to try it out on my lil lady!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:29 pm

Another vote for the jo fold with 40cm terry - fitted Ben perfectly for months!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:38 pm

I have folded up my 5 squares to get some practice, was rather hard as they arent square, one they are prewashed I will do it all again, lol!! they looks soo cute, hehe!

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby joodel » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:39 pm

I have used Jo's fold with my dd on the odd occasion and it has worked well. For some reason it never fitted my ds well though, so I used this fold on him http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/public/ar ... spx?id=146. Apparently my mum used it on all four of us :shock:

There is also this link http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/public/ar ... spx?id=140 which gives you a whole lot of different folds. Have a play around and also see which fits your dd the best when she arrives! Enjoy!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:41 pm

HEHE The chinese for was the other one I liked the look of! like you say I'll have to have a play once she's here, hopefully not too long now, I'm fed up of waiting, I want to meet her!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:47 pm

careful what you wish for being fed up of waiting - an early baby isn't a plesent thing in my experience :shock:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:12 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:careful what you wish for being fed up of waiting - an early baby isn't a plesent thing in my experience :shock:

No understandably, I obviously don't want her to be prem, I just don't want to wait till 41 weeks like I did with Jak, spesh as she's gonna be huge by the looks of it!

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds