hf1

Which Prefolds?

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Which Prefolds?

Postby Bloom » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Im planning on using prefolds for my newborn and plan to use Thirsties and weehuggers wraps. What prefolds should i buy to go inside them?

How many should i aim to get and do they need securing with a nippa?

Im hoping this is a fool proof plan for a novice and because they are prefolds i should have no problem getting them to fit even a small newborn.

The wraps look like they go down quite small. How many wraps do i need?

Im planning on getting some fleece liners to go ontop of the prefold to help contain the newborn poo will any fleece liners do or are there certain type i should be using.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Which Prefolds?

Postby choccylisa » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Prefolds wise I'm not ttoally sure, I have some preloved ones to try with this baby which are Bambino Mio's, they come in various sizes. I had terry squares for ds2 which were fab as I could fold them however I wanted and also were useful with puke too :giggle:

Wraps wise I had three, although I'd probably say go with 5-6 as I was washing every other day. Motherease are also good wraps, or you could try fleece wraps/soakers or wool soakers as they're more breathable than PUL wraps and don't rub baby's legs if you have a chunkster like I did!!

For liners, just go to your local fabric shop and ask for half a metre of fleece. Then just chop it up to the size you need (make it in an hour glass shape so it covers front and back nicely). Far cheaper than buying ones off eaby as that's all they'll do :wink: Fleece is about £4-£5 a metre, so far cheaper if you have a fabric shop near you. No certain type of fleece needed, altho most shops will sell polar fleece which is nice and thick.

Hope that helps!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:35 am

If you use Thirsties wraps then the Thirsties Duo Prefolds fit in them perfectly. They are hemp jersey and the softest prefold I have found. I found that the weehugger prints wicked :(

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:48 pm

I would go for thirstie prefolds too they are so slim but absorbent perfect on a little bub and you xan nipper for explosive bf poop or pad fold later on I still use size 1's pad folded on my 16 month old in wee huggers, thirstie and pocketbots wraps our slimmest nappy combo by far :D

My avatar
Bloom
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bloom » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks for your help. Will get some thirstie prefolds then.

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds