Holiday nappies revisited

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Holiday nappies revisited

Postby masheater » Fri May 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi people!

I know I asked before but I need to rethink...

Going away for a week abroad and really don't want to use disposables although I think flip disp inserts are my choice for traveling days.

Originally I was decided on terries but I use inserts in these so even even I only take 8 - 10, it's a lot to take in a case and more importantly, wash by hand each day.
So now I'm thinking either a) trying terries with no inserts for a bit b) trying prefolds or flip inserts.
I love the organic flips as they so absorbant. The stay dry inserts however would be soooo much easier to wash each day. Prefolds are ok but the large are too bulky and the small too short. Something else I did in the past was use terries as a pad in a wrap which is quicker but again bulky.
Or perhaps muslins??? Ah decisions! Please help inspire me :)

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Holiday nappies revisited

Postby Bluebell » Fri May 20, 2011 1:11 pm

We just took DDs regular nappies (pockets) on holiday, but we were self catering in England so didn't have to worry about baggage allowance or hand washing! Sorry, I'm no help am I?! :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Sat May 21, 2011 7:13 am

Ummmm decisions hey.

Do you have all of the opitions or are you buying more?

I don t know what the organic flip inserts are like they kind of look like prefolds on the pics I ve seen but not seen one in real life. I find prefolds smaller to pack and on mychild than terries but you were thinking for drying reasons which makes sense. Are you going somewhere hotter? If so drying time should be reduced.
Have you tried rolling everything into an inch of it's life? :hohoho: definitely take up less space.
If you don t have any prefolds yet I ve just bought one of the thirsties prefolds which is soooomuch slimmer so would travel better. Not sure how price compares with things such as the organic flip insert but would def be more expensive than your average prefold/terries.

I would have though muslins wouldn t be absorbent enough.

I hope that helped a bit.
Xxx

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby masheater » Sat May 21, 2011 8:32 am

Thanks ladies. The organic flips are a bit like prefolds although smaller and pods a bit less bulky and going to.Tenerife so hoping drying time will be better.
Anyway I have all the options yes just need more. I took terries on hol last year but it was in this country so there was no baggage allowance for Eddie so really thinking about how to reduce. Anyway, I think I,m going for mostly stay dry inserts, an organic for naps and a pocket for night time.
Might be taking a big risk by taking one day worth but along with the flip disposables I recon it'll be ok. I'll keep you posted x

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mangajude » Sat May 21, 2011 1:08 pm

I was also wondering the same, thank you for asking this, I think I will also invest in some flip organic stuff! :D

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds