Just terries?

My avatar
choccykisses
Clothie
Clothie

Just terries?

Postby choccykisses » Sat May 28, 2011 11:21 am

Hey,
I use terry nappies on my little boy mostly because we started using cloth nappies to save money and these were the cheapest option for us. Ive recently brought him some fancier wraps though so he can join in promoting cloth :wink: i was just wondering though if anyone else only uses terry nappies or has done untill their baby potty trained?
how did u resist the temptation to try fancier nappies?
elle xxx

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Just terries?

Postby anothersquish » Sat May 28, 2011 11:32 am

Im afraid I dont/didnt and failed at resisting! I started out just with plain stuff (all white!) then got bitten by the bug....not what you wanted to hear Im sure! However Im still saving money and am going back to more basic prefolds for new baby for at least the first few weeks :)

My avatar
choccykisses
Clothie
Clothie

Postby choccykisses » Sat May 28, 2011 11:42 am

haha it is pretty tempting once u realise theres more than white out there! im staying with my mum at the moment and she doesnt understand the need for cute fluff....i shal work on converting her! :twisted: :lol:
terrys do work really well for us at the moment but im wondering if they will still work just as well when he starts to get bigger?...
elle xxx

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sat May 28, 2011 11:45 am

You may find you need to add some extra boosting, particularly at night, but there is no real reason why they wont work right through to potty training, though you may end up switching to wool/poppered wraps later on if you dont use them already as they undo aplix in 3 seconds flat and terries are then way too easy to remove LOL

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sat May 28, 2011 11:49 am

I used terry squares for the first year of ds2's life (before I was introduced to here :giggle: :giggle: ) and I never needed any boosters. I bought the 60x60 ones though and just folded them down loads. Now we use fitteds and wool as I found the PUL wraps started rubbing his legs as they podged out!

I've just started dying the terry squares with dylon to cheer them up, we use them as puke cloths now :giggle: :wine:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat May 28, 2011 7:50 pm

I think it can be done thats what i was in when i was a baby :giggle: I asked my mum how she managed and she said sometimes she just used 2 :lol:

I started off with terries and little lambs then cnt forced me to buy nice fluff :hohoho: :cnthug:

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Sat May 28, 2011 7:59 pm

I used terries on ds from the start for a few months before i found others and was to tempted so i have to try them. We now have a good mix of different kinds,i have to say this for the good old terries they are just so reliable and dry so quickly. And i love them all white and fluffy, and the wraps you can get make them look just as nice. :D

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Sat May 28, 2011 8:04 pm

choccykisses wrote:haha it is pretty tempting once u realise theres more than white out there! im staying with my mum at the moment and she doesnt understand the need for cute fluff....i shal work on converting her! :twisted: :lol:
terrys do work really well for us at the moment but im wondering if they will still work just as well when he starts to get bigger?...
elle xxx

my mum loves the terries as well she used them on all four of us from birth to potty i tried to explain about the lovely fluff you can get but she just respond with you can't beat a big fluffy white bottom. :giggle: im just in the process of making her see the lovelyness of wool in the end i just decided to let her have ago when she looked after ds the other night, the next day we had a converstaion about knitting patterns :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat May 28, 2011 8:05 pm

littlesez wrote:I think it can be done thats what i was in when i was a baby :giggle: I asked my mum how she managed and she said sometimes she just used 2 :lol:

I started off with terries and little lambs then cnt forced me to buy nice fluff :hohoho: :cnthug:

wss :giggle: we used terries on dawn though. in fact we have two huge bamboo terries still :wine:

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds