hf1

Terries - size and brand?

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Terries - size and brand?

Postby macmomo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 pm

I have had DD in cloth since she was 8 weeks, she's now 6 months old. I have used many different types but my favourites are my Eco Earth unbleached bamboo terries! Never saw that coming!

My question is: they are 47cm squares and getting a bit small for the chinese/origami fold. This fold suits us very well because even though she's a girl, she wets like a boy at the front (she squeezes her wee out with effort into a fountain at the front :giggle: ). Should I move up a size or 2? How soon will she grow out of 50cme squares - is the extra 3cm much bigger? Should I go for even bigger?

Also - I love the overlocked edge of the ones I have. What are the advantages of the proper edges?

Finally - the Eco Earth bamboos seem thick and soft to me. I have nothing to compare them to - any recommendations?

Thanks for any help, I know terries aren't something most people are passionate about!

My avatar
ChristinePlush
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Terries - size and brand?

Postby ChristinePlush » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:17 pm

On the sizing, I'd go to 60cm next, no point bothering with 50cm they won't give you that much extra time.

Overlocked edging tends to give a neater styling but the hemmed edges tend to keep their shape better over time. Probably down to personal preference.

I'm a terry fan too - but never would have believed I would have ended up down that road when I first started out on real nappies! We used 60cm from birth but if I was doing it again I'd definitely use 50cm bamboo to start with as the fit is so much slimmer.

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Terries - size and brand?

Postby macmomo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:28 am

Any suggestions for brand? I'll stick with the unedged ones but I want something as thick and soft as possible (definitely bamboo not cotton).

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds