hf1

Terries at night

My avatar
Pixxie
Clothie
Clothie

Terries at night

Postby Pixxie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:34 pm

This is our first day in the terries, I'm using the Gaynors fold as my LO is quite a heavy wetter, with this fold will I need any boosters at night? xx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Terries at night

Postby monsterm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:31 am

You will more than likely need boosters at night. How old is your baby? How long do terries last during the day for you?

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:49 pm

I didn't actually use any booster at night with DD1 when we used only terries up until she was 4 months old. However I was usually changing her through the night at that point. I now use terries on DD2 at night at my mums and yes I need to boost it to get it to last all night. I use some bamboo terry sort of booster, sorry I've absolutely no idea what it is :oops: and Gaynor's fold for girls. I have used a folded face cloth in the past though and that has worked fine :D

My avatar
Pixxie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Pixxie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:27 am

She is 6 months old and the nappies last 3-4hrs in the day. I read somewhere online that using 2 terries at once is common for nightime and tried that, it worked very well. xx

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:47 am

Can you do the Chinese fold? It's easier than it looks (see nappy lady you tube demo) and gives 6 layers between legs, I found it outlasts all other folds. Yes, try boosting with any booster,maybe outside the terry in order to preserve the fold (between terry and wrap). I have used a second terry folded in four. Let us know how you get on?

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ameliepoulin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:39 am

macmomo wrote:Can you do the Chinese fold? It's easier than it looks (see nappy lady you tube demo) and gives 6 layers between legs, I found it outlasts all other folds. I have used a second terry folded in four.

Sorry for being nosey, I am just curious how big it looks, it must be massive :oops:

My avatar
Oliphant
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Oliphant » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:48 pm

We've just used the chinese fold for the first time and it gives a lovely neat nappy, with nice high legs. He's just 7 weeks. With my other boys, I've used two terries together for night and it has worked nicely. I also use kite fold with a booster folded into it for night, if you know what I mean. And when ds2 got a bit older I used two terries and a booster, and sometimes two boosters as he was a VERY heavy wetter!

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds