hf1

Bambino Mio

My avatar
petal4monkey
Clothie
Clothie

Bambino Mio

Postby petal4monkey » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:32 am

i've googled online reviews and see they are very mixed, you either love or hate bambino mio's. wasnt going to bother getting anything then see mothercare has the sets at half price so the small nappy set (3 covers and 12 nappies) are only £22 and suddenly i'm temptered. Would they be useful as a spare set? are they really as bad as some people make out? would i be wasting my money or is it a bargin not to be missed? i'm new to cloth, nearly used with ds but chickened out, but def going for it with this little bean due in jan.

Ally 13+4 x

(oh and i'm a long time lurker but first time poster)

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Bambino Mio

Postby becky1978 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:34 am

I found the prefolds ok but the wraps terrible. That was 7 years ago though :giggle:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:47 am

Personally I find them quite bulky compared to other prefolds mothercare has 20% off their smart nappy system which is similar but less bulky and gets really good reviews :D

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Prefolds get some bad press i think, but are a pretty decent nappy system, especially when you take into account the price. The prefolds themselves are also very hardwearing and will last and last, easily more than one baby.

They are only as good as the wraps you use though as (unless you plan to fold and nippa) the wrap leg elastic is often all that stands in the way of a blow out - especially on breastfed babies. And like PP said, Bambino Mio wraps are pretty hopeless (imho). Much better are Mother-ease, or for pretty try Bummis or Thirsties Duo. You will also usually need to boost with a doubler as baby gets older, which can make them bulkier.

If you do fancy trying them I would recommend picking up a couple and a nice wrap pre-loved and seeing how you get on with them once bean comes along. £22 is cheap but loads of pre-folds around pre-loved (especially B.Mio) and you wont get £22 back if you dont like them. I keep a prefold and a wrap in the car boot as an emergency "get us home" nappy, so even if you dont like them you wont have wasted your money.

My avatar
petal4monkey
Clothie
Clothie

Postby petal4monkey » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:50 am

thank you for the advice. I did decide to order them and will have a look aound for some different wraps once little one is here. x

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:34 am

As others have said, it's the wraps that let Bambino Mio down.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:49 am

Asta wrote:As others have said, it's the wraps that let Bambino Mio down.

Agree - there is nothing wrong with the prefolds themselves - I've always found them perfectly functional. But the wraps are terrible. Weehuggers or thirsties duos are a much better bet with prefolds.

My avatar
cinnamonwhirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cinnamonwhirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:31 am

I have used Bambino Mio for just over 7 months now and they have worked really well for me and my little one. My friend had the same problem about the wraps and said she didnt like them. But I read that Bambino Mio had some new covers out which have been improved compared to the old ones. I follow them on facebook and they are always looking for people to try out their new covers and stuff.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:47 am

cumbrianlass wrote:Prefolds get some bad press i think, but are a pretty decent nappy system, especially when you take into account the price. The prefolds themselves are also very hardwearing and will last and last, easily more than one baby.

I completly agree...I love prefolds and although i struggled with them on my youngest for a while...we are there with the prefold love again...infact i reach for prefolds (thirsties hemp, OWW OBV and junior joy cotton ones) over all of my pretty fitteds...there is just something i love about them :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds