hf1

Bambino Mio

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Bambino Mio

Postby confusinglady » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Agree with all above, it's the wraps that let them down. I used the prefolds and wraps on dd1 nearly all the way to pt with just the addition of two different wraps at the end. I had leaks, wicking, chafing on her tummy from the Velcro but found ways round it and managed.
I use the same prefolds now on dd2 with thirties duo wraps and I ve never had I leak from them, no bf poo explosions have made it past the gusset of the thirsties duo wrap.
I ve also used fleece liners instead of the paper this time and would never use paper again.
I find prefolds really simple to use.

Good puck with yours hopefully they ve updated the wraps since I bought mine 4 years ago. I think they re still cotton outers which I find wick more easily on my kids.

Xxxx

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Good luck even!!! :hohoho:

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 pm

i am using a mixture of prefolds at the moment. the bambino mio ones are ok. i pad fold them. i also sewed on some minki fabric (robert kaufmann flowers pattern) which acts as a liner. and makes them look pretty. they work fine. but i have a couple of bamboo prefolds and a thirsties hemp one which are definitely more absorbant.

i prefer my prefolds to the fitted nappies. once the small nappies are outgrown i don't think i will replace them. maybe just use fitted nappies at night

i don't use bambino mio wraps. i prefer thirsties duo wraps. weehugger wraps were ok but i didn't get a good fit. i also use mother ease rikki wraps. and some i bought from etsy- swaddle in cloth.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Ed could pee through a cotton BM prefold in less than an hour so they always ended up leaking whether I boosted them or used different wraps. I am selling the wrap on the classifieds at the moment but I now use the prefold to stuff a nappy that I made myself.

Previous

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds