Disana tie on users

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Disana tie on users

Postby cuppachaplz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:52 am

@NatB
I find them quite trim, and Percy has never had nappy rash with them.
I used them in boosted when he was tiny (worked out a similar size on the bum to a muslin with a bat fold), the with a thin booster. He's now 12lb and I use with the flannel boosters; the size is comparable to a folded Terry square, much smaller than fitted ll or similar, and with a wrap looks trimmer than a pocket.
His big is your baby?
Are you tucking the gusset in to make it narrow enough so as not to rub?

My avatar
NatB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NatB » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:42 am

Hi, my baby is 16lb. I've tried tucking in the extra bits round thighs, not sure if that's what u mean?

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:14 am

Thats what I meant.
Your baby s bigger than Percy so I can't see why they should be bulky.
All I can think off us adjusting the fold to get the right rise. It needs to be long enough to allow you to tuck the gusset in, otherwise you end up with a very wide spread of the legs which can make it look bulky under a wrap. I'll try yo post some pictures later if it will help @NatB?

My avatar
NatB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NatB » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:53 am

When I tuck the extra bits round the thighs in, sometimes they unfold or it still seem a bit bulky. You are right about the folding though. At the moment when i tie the strings round the back then to front, it does spread the nappy wide across the legs and hence when baby close legs, it's bulky. I can't picture in my mind how you adjust the fold to get the right rise, and the right width between thighs. Yes, pictures would b great and very much appreciated!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:52 pm

I'd be really interested to see some pics too as I've been reading this with interest. I was given 2 preloved tie-ons but couldn't get to grips with them so they're sitting unused at the bottom of the nappy box :oops:

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:33 pm

Really strugglsed to get pictures as Percy now wriggles so much.

First pic is tied on, but not tucked in. I bring the booster and liner up, wraps the sides around, then bring up the front, allowing enough rise for it to reach about an inch above where it needs to sit. I then tie in a bow.

I tucks the legs right in, i fold so any extra material is already tucked around booster, so it should only be 2 layers

Folding:-
Largest, or toddler
Med/Large fold
Small/Medium fold.
This is about right for Percy now, at 6m (small, but quite chunky)
Newborn/small

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Folding with booster
[url=http://www.clothnappytree.com/photo.php?v=1&id=18134]
Image[/url]
[url=http://www.clothnappytree.com/photo.php?v=1&id=18135]
Image[/url]
Hope thus helps @dancingmum and @NatB

My avatar
NatB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NatB » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:17 pm

Wow, that's amazing. Thank you very much for the photos. It makes sense. I shall give it a try. Looks like you manage to wrap it quite snugly in the 1st photo. I struggle to bind it so snug. In the 3rd last photo, is it a fleece liner on top of the disana nappy or a different booster from the first one (looks like a disana brushed cotton)? I use paper liner, seem to work initially. I heard fleece keeps baby drier but can have compression leak. Is it true?

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Thanks @cuppacha that is so neat and snug fitting. I'm going to give it a go tomorrow.
I use fleece liners and they've never caused compression leaks for me but maybe might be a different story with tie-ons. I'm guessing I lau the liner over the top of 2nd to last photo?

PreviousNext

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds