hf1

Disana tie on users

My avatar
Arcanegirl
Clothie
Clothie

Disana tie on users

Postby Arcanegirl » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Im not sure if Disanas come under this section, but who uses them?

IVe just picked up a bundle from freecycle with the intention of using them for a newborn when we conceive. They look pretty neat!

I think ive got the hang of how the fold, looks like its kinda fold it down to your preference and what works really?
When they need boosted, the lady gave me muslins to put in, but can i use boosters i have spare from other nappies like the hemp/bamboo ones?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Disana tie on users

Postby monsterm » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:04 pm

woohoo to getting them for free :thumbsup:

I have never used them but they should work well for a newborn. The hemp/bamboo boosters would work better than muslins. If the booster/insert fits into the nappy, there is no reason not to use it.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

i used random hemp boosters with them. Reckon just about anything woul work with them. Well done on your bargain :D

My avatar
fluffpuffin
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffpuffin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:57 pm

I've seen them mentioned in a german cloth forum and they're very popular over there. Apparently you can use just about anything to boost them, some people use Ikea flannels or small towels. So I think seeing as everything goes I would use your boosters. Won't be as bulky as with the muslins.

My avatar
hedgiemum63
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hedgiemum63 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi there,

I use them,and I think they're great! I usually just add a hemp booster pad as my baby is only 3 months old and anything thicker makes it a bit bulky, but the tie nappy adjusts as baby grows so you could add anything, even a small terry square (40x40cm).

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:21 pm

I love them, in fact I bought some more today! Cheap, great fit, dry really fast.. they're not as fiddly as they look, a few go and I got the hang of them :) I use them with their 40cm booster and add a LL bamboo booster if needed. I honestly don't see why they're not more popular here, I prefer them to prefolds and might actually go as far as saying that they're my favourite - and I'm very jealous you got them for free!

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:30 am

I only have one, but I really like it! My little one is a super wee-er (prob cos she's never off the boob!) and I use it at night, boosted with anything I can find, with a wool cover over the top. They are really soft and stretchy, because of the shape of them - I think wool covers probably work the best.

My avatar
Arcanegirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Arcanegirl » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:38 am

8 months and ill be able to try them with number 2 :D
Youre right they do look more complicated than they really are!

My avatar
NatB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NatB » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:42 pm

I used them on and off. The last time I used them my baby has chaffed thighs and nappy rash starting to appear. I was using disana brushed cotton as inserts making them a bit bulky. Does anyone find them bulkier than other fitted nappies?

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds