Flip Organic inserts

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Flip Organic inserts

Postby mudita » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi
I have recently got preloved a variety of Flip organic inserts. 4 are almost new and 4 are well loved. THe well loved ones are still soft but seem quite shrunken and the weave is quite tight, is this how they should be? When I fold them for the small size, the seam makes quite a lump so am just wondering if this is what they are like and perhaps I should use the newer ones while we are using the smallest setting as they are still nice and soft...

Thanks!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Flip Organic inserts

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Ive had a few organic flip inserts and this has never happened to any of mine.
Did you buy them all from the same person?
I've never tumbled mine - so wondering if some of them have been tumbled on a high heat? Only a guess tho.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:56 pm

I have some that are more used than others but none of them look shrunken. I would have to agree with Jen, maybe they have been on a hot tumble :-?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:12 pm

thanks--they are all from the same person...was wondering if they were tumbled. hmmm not sure if i want to use them as i wonder if they are not comfy... :(

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:15 pm

...but care instructions say that they can be tumbled dry...so that shouldn't really make them hard to use...hmmm

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Are some older than others?
Did the person described that they were different when they listed them?

Sometimes mine were stiffer than others if I dried them on the radiator for too long, but they never shrunk tho.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:29 pm

they were all the same, from the one person (got 4 from one seller and the rest individually) they are almost square..i just compared them with my others, the newer ones have about 3/4 inch more in lenght and the econobums I have are even a bit longer...perhaps they are just well used and i paid more than I should have! oh well, live and learn...

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:34 pm

All may not be lost. These are very absorbent inserts, perhaps just use them inside pockets if the are a bit harder & save your newer ones for your flip covers

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:35 am

Hmmm, I'll see how that works...otherwise, I might try them at night witha softer booster on top :D or dissassemble one to make lovely soft wipes....

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds