hf1

Any suitable for heavy wetters?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Any suitable for heavy wetters?

Postby Frances » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:53 pm

Subject says it all! My 20 week old DD can wee for England; is there any point in trying terries? Also, which wraps would you recommend? Many thanks, Frances

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Any suitable for heavy wetters?

Postby Rae » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:11 pm

You can get bamboo terry squares that would be more absorbant than cotton, then you could use the squares in pocket nappies later if you so wished.
http://www.babeco.co.uk/BabecoBamboo.html
Motherease wraps come highly rated by lots of people (but we rarely had problems with any wrap we've tried - nature babies, little lambs, wacky wraps, tots, motherease).

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:20 pm

why not try prefolds? They are just as cheap and I find they are lots more absorbent. You can get bamboo prefolds but maybe you should try the cotton ones first (they are cheaper) to see if you like them.
I got mine from cuddlebabes.co.uk, I think you can order them from just about anywhere.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:21 pm

I would say there is no chance that cotton prefolds are any good for heavy wetters... They're no way absorbent enough!
That's one of the reasons we stopped using them in the first place!

Bamboo prefolds now they sound more promising...

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:20 am

What kind of prefolds were you using? They are my most absorbant nappy (and also most bulky). You can get different sizes, if you have a heavy wetter I would get a toddler size. Look for prefolds that say they are designed for the diaper services. The good thing about the absorbancy in prefolds is that they did not lose it after many washes (and for me tumble dries) like my terries did.

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds