hf1

Cheapest place to buy Bamboo terries? Also which Prefolds?

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Cheapest place to buy Bamboo terries? Also which Prefolds?

Postby Rufies mama » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi, I've been looking at some bamboo terries to bulk up my newborn stash (I'll probably have a whopper so don't want to waste too much on NB fitteds that he/she will be out of in a week!)

Where have you found is the cheapest place to buy bamboo terries?

Also, I'm interested in trying prefolds. Which ones are the best in your opinion? I might try making some too, anyone have a pattern?

Thanks for any help you can give, :thumbsup:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Cheapest place to buy Bamboo terries? Also which Prefolds?

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:19 pm

I am loving OWW and Little Gumnut pre folds :D

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:13 am

I bought bamboo terries from an ebay seller recently and was really pleased with them. They were the cheapest I could find at the time and she did me a deal on postage for a pack of 10. They were Nature Babies nappies, good quality and arrived fast :D
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bamboo-50-x-5 ... 45fe4ac2ce
ETA: I just checked and she charged me 5.50 for postage on a pack of 10, which she had listed specifically for me.

My avatar
obsessed13
Clothie
Clothie

Postby obsessed13 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi! :wave:

I bought bamboo terry nappies from here; http://www.realterrynappies.co.uk/terry ... ix-2-p.asp, definitely the cheapest I have found.

I love bamboo they are so soft and wash really well, they do take a long time to dry though and the only thing I really don't like about them is they do not keep their shape. I washed mine twice before using (which wasn't enough btw) and they were no longer square. This may not matter if you chose to pad fold them but I find it annoying for folding otherwise. I think if you are planning to use them for newborn to avoid tiny fitteds you'd be fine with normal terries which are much cheaper.
I use bummis prefolds and think they are great, really soft and squishy, wash and dry really easily and work really well nippa'd.
Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:52 am

was thinking of getting some from there--what is the quality like? other than not staying square :D

My avatar
obsessed13
Clothie
Clothie

Postby obsessed13 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:35 pm

They are lovely and soft and look great on as much slimmer than an ordinary terry, they do stay soft too. You can still fold them but it is annoying! I have only had their bamboo terries but bought from else where until I found them there, much cheaper! :thumbsup:

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:48 am

Just ordered some, didn't realize they were nature babies! definitely much cheaper via their website.

My avatar
obsessed13
Clothie
Clothie

Postby obsessed13 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Excellent, you'll have to let me knw what you think. Will you be doing traditinal folds or padfolding?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:16 pm

folding for night times, was recommended to me that 2 folded together with a wool cover would do us, and since my LO sleeps on his side, most other nappies have been leaking. These should cover the sides much better, I hope! I used organic cotton terries on my DS1 but found them very bulky, so am looking forward to these.

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds