hf1

Where to buy hemp fabric for prefolds?

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Where to buy hemp fabric for prefolds?

Postby ameliepoulin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:37 am

Hello there crafty mamas, sorry if I am not in the right (sub)forum, kindly asking a moderator to move the thread wherever fit.
So, I would like to know where one can buy online hemp fabric for prefolds. If there are several types of hemp (and my guess is that there are), please guide me and tell me which is the most appropriate for prefolds, of the Tirsties type, I am after the soft element in them, as I've read the woven one gets really hard when soaked.

Many thanks in advance,
C.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Where to buy hemp fabric for prefolds?

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:37 am

thirsties are made from hemp jersey. Not sure the best place to get it as its not on the normal site I use for fabrics like that. Google will be your friend here i think. i use cotton interlock for prefolds and i find them more absorbant than my thirsties prefolds ;)

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ameliepoulin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:05 pm

red_dwarf wrote:thirsties are made from hemp jersey. Not sure the best place to get it as its not on the normal site I use for fabrics like that. Google will be your friend here i think. i use cotton interlock for prefolds and i find them more absorbant than my thirsties prefolds ;)

Ahh, now that's a tip I didn't expect (cotton interlock I mean). Yes, I have two thirsties, very fond of them too. Where do I go for cotton interlock if I want to give it a try, mama?

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:09 pm

I get mine from http://www.tissu.co.uk She sells cheep plain and some prints. The only prob can be that it can take a few pre-washes for the colour to stop running. I had some pink that turned everything else pink :roll:

My avatar
ameliepoulin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ameliepoulin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Allrighty, off shopping then :D! Thanks a lot, darling!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:20 pm

no probs :D

My avatar
ILoveMyLamb
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ILoveMyLamb » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi, I came across this when looking for thirsties prefolds. Is this true about the cotton interlock? If so I will definitely have a go! Do you just chop it up or would I need an overlocker to stop it fraying or something?

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds