My avatar
mrsmiffy
Clothie
Clothie

Liberty print handmade sling, really pretty and comfy

Postby mrsmiffy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:41 pm

Price: £23.95 PayPal Costs: £1.05Total: £25.00 + unknown p&p
Image Image Image Image
Absolutely gorgeous sling, made from soft twill and a silky soft cotton from libertys. Lightweight and cool for summer, with handy pocket and clips for securing your items or toys.
I really loved this sling, my husband said he would never use it as it was too girly but it was so comfy that he eventually gave in!
I made a little bag to store it in out of the remnants that came back with it- this is not as well made as the actual
Sling but it does keep
It nice and neat when not in use .
Price includes postage by courier.

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Liberty print handmade sling, really pretty and comfy

Postby shinycat » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:16 pm

What size is this? I sold my Babyhawk a while back as DS had refused to go in it for months and months, but he is now asking me to carry him ALL the time and my arms/back are killing me so thought maybe I might have to buy another sling! He is 2 though.

My avatar
mrsmiffy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mrsmiffy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:53 pm

I don't think it is sized but I don't think I could recommend it for a 2 year old though- the straps aren't padded and I'm not sure it would comfortably take the weight. We stopped using it around 18 months, mainly because my daughter kept chewing my hair, but we switched to an Ergo for the padded shoulders!

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:23 am

Thanks for that. I want to get another one but don't want to spend too much as I'm not 100% sure he'll take to it. He absolutely hated the babyhawk, although I used it a lot when he was very small, from about 4 or 5 months he was constantly trying to climb out of it, arching his back to prevent me from tying it properly etc. I tried it again when he was older and he just point blank refused! For ages he just wanted to walk everywhere but now he is getting lazy and keeps asking me to carry him :roll:

My avatar
mrsmiffy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mrsmiffy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 am

What about a hip sling? Try tying him onto your hip with a normal scarf see how he gets, they take a lot of weight from your arms, but as its a different position to a normal sling he might like it?

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:33 am

That's a good idea, not sure if I've got anything suitable but I'll see what I can come up with. I'd love to be able to go on longer walks with the kids but traipsing the buggy around is a pain!

My avatar
loadsofnappiestosell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby loadsofnappiestosell » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi. I have a 3 week old who wants to be held upright all the time. Looking for something that can hold him like this on my chest. I have a Close parent sling but it's far too hot for it - it's like putting 3 extra layers of clothes on, plus baby! And I find it takes so long to get him in right, that he gets upset.

Would this be suitable do you think?

Return to Slings for Sale