hf1

New year, new craft challenge?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

New year, new craft challenge?

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:15 am

It's been a while since we had a monthly craft challenge, so I wondered if there's any interest in running one in January? It would be a fab new year's resolution! Or a great way to try out any new Christmas present goodies - new sewing machine or needles and yarn?

I thought that for January it could just be a bit of a please yourself project? Maybe just post a link to whatever it is you want to have a go at making and then post a progress pic as we go, before revealing the completed item at the end of January. Anyone in? :)

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: New year, new craft challenge?

Postby sim » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:41 am

Me, I think, but will have to work out what to make - I'm thinking of something sewn - maybe a simple apron or placemats....

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:32 am

I am determined to make a table runner and placemats for my dining table, but I'll be winging it, so no link. Probably close to the end of the month though.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:01 am

I'm in :)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:40 am

My aim this year is to make something for myself each month.

It doesn't have to be big or fancy - but months and months go buy a d I never knit/sew/crochet for myself!

2013 will be different!

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:44 pm

I have a lengthy mental list of projects to do. I'll ponder and choose one to do this month, info to follow. Tonight however, I'm making washable breast pads from fleece, minky and zorb.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:56 pm

I want a sewing machine! I want to learn how to knit! I want to join in challenges!

[stamps feet and sticks out bottom lip]

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:00 am

I'm in - it may well be my only craft challenge I'll have time to join this year :giggle:

My plan of action is to get on top of my house / chores / meal planning etc over the weekend then next week get out my sewing machine and do Lexi and Louise's aprons and finish the quilt I started nearly a year ago :oops: once they are done I can start something else!

A new challenge for me that I have the material to do is to cover a little chair that I picked up for Louis about 2 years ago and is hot pink :oops: and I still haven't covered :hohoho: I've never covered anything so will be asking @beck and anyone else that has done any furniture work for help!

I'm so glad you started this @Soupdragon may be just the kick up the bum I need to get brave and start this!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 pm

I'm in :-) @clothmama I'll have to put pics up of the dinning suit we finished (at least i don't think i have yet)

Next

Return to Monthly Craft Challenge