hf1

Summer craft challenge pics!

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Summer craft challenge pics!

Postby yellow45 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Thanks, will give it a go later I think. I love thr robot-I might have to steal that idea :) I'm just attempting to make some trousers at the moment out of an old T-shirt.

The elephant one, I drew free hand as I wasn't going to bother fiddling around cutting out thin lines, but for the 'Toby' one, I used an x-cut (think that's what they're called) craft knife that swivels, which is great for curved lines.

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:35 pm

wow - they are all amazing - you are very clever ladies!!!

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Ok, here's my very 1st sewing attempt. I've never used a sewing machine before so I attempted some trousers made out of an old t-shirt from hubby. Excuse the white thread as it took me so long to thread the machine, I wasn't going to change it to red :giggle: . They're a bit baggy as I tried to allow for his nappies, so will make them narrower next time.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:52 pm

They look fantastic, Yellow45!!
Well done you!
:wine:
Dont worry about the white thread - I think sometimes having contrasting thread works well against bold colours!

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Thanks, I'm going to try to sew another pair this week now I kinda know what I'm doing. I've got some blue vintage cars material here but I'm too scared to use it!

Previous

Return to Monthly Craft Challenge