hf1

Help choosing nappy for long slim baby please.

My avatar
raspberryk
Clothie
Clothie

Help choosing nappy for long slim baby please.

Postby raspberryk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:51 pm

I started out using Bambino Mio's and they stopped fitting his body shape at about 8 weeks. He was born on 98th centile for both length and weight, 10lb3oz now he's 6.5 months still on 98th for length however he is only 50th for weight just over 17lb.
I have some tots bots btp but he's on the last setting - all poppers undone - to get a high enough rise but there's still plenty of space on the velcro round his tummy. He's a heavy wetter but as he's slim boosting makes the nappy look ridiculous and he's already in 9-12m or 12m clothes for length but it's massive on body so a bulky nappy makes this worse.
If he's in a disposable he wears a size 5 pampers baby dry but often out pee's this at night.
x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help choosing nappy for long slim baby please.

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:39 pm

My two have only ever grow out of nappies in the rise and been skinny too.

Have you considered fitteds? I think you can get the most absorbancy from these without adding the bulk of extra boosters?

or if you prefer pockets - what about weenotions with a high rise?
(they can be really expensive if you add lots of embroidery, but for simple ones they are can be ecconomical too)

My avatar
raspberryk
Clothie
Clothie

Postby raspberryk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi Thanks for the reply
I'm not the best at all the jargon so I'll go look up fitted :doh: , I get confused about which jargon = which brand name.
I like anything that doesn't come apart when you're trying to get a wriggly rolling baby in it before he pee's on me.
x

My avatar
raspberryk
Clothie
Clothie

Postby raspberryk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:37 pm

raspberryk wrote:Hi Thanks for the reply
I'm not the best at all the jargon so I'll go look up fitted :doh: , I get confused about which jargon = which brand name.
I like anything that doesn't come apart when you're trying to get a wriggly rolling baby in it before he pee's on me.
x

OK so that would be a nappy and a nappy cover over the top?
x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:57 pm

:wave:
Hi yes fitted nappies require a cover or even better wool longies :D Being a tall household rise is always an issue here as well. Wee notions do high rise and are lovely, OWW if you can get on her customs list can add extra rise and I love DunkNfluff x

My avatar
raspberryk
Clothie
Clothie

Postby raspberryk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks Kirsty I'll have a look in that direction, thank you. I was looking at the WAHM Wonders but I didn't know where to start really.
I was so determined to make my Bambino Mio's work that I didn't research much else. There aren't enough covers in the birth to potty pack anyway so I'd have to buy more, it's just this time I'm buying other things as the Mio's are just not cutting it.
x

Return to AIO's (All in ones)