leaking pul

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

leaking pul

Postby beck » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:51 am

I'm not a big fan of AIO's but haven't really had any problems with my bubblebuns (think thats what it is anyway) before but today Pheb had it on and was staturated, it was like it had gone through the Pul.

Why would it start leaking so badly?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:54 am

Are you sure it was straight through the PUL and not out of the legs or anything?

Apparently PUL does have a limited life, can't remember how many washes but it does lose it's waterproofness. The suggestions people have for repairing them are to wash with fabric conditioner or to give them a bit of a spin in the tumble dryer - I don't have a dryer so don't know if it works but I know Cat swears by it.

Annette

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:56 am

Charliemum wrote:Are you sure it was straight through the PUL and not out of the legs or anything?
Annette

I'm not sure but it seemed to have come through the pul, I might give the fabric conditioner a go.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:28 pm

I'd tend to try the 10 min hot tumble first as fc will not be so good for the rest of the nappy! Apparently PUL does have a limited life although I've had ME wraps that are years old and been through lots of kids and still working fine!!

Return to AIO's (All in ones)