hf1

Newbie help please

My avatar
pruep2
Clothie
Clothie

Newbie help please

Postby pruep2 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 am

Ok so I've looked around n i think aio are for me,ive ordered ebay cheapie to try but have seen papoozle? On special to so
Are boosters the same as inserts? So i put either on the pocket n a disposable liner in the nappy n thats it? Ds gets quite wet?
Wash wise I have a cotton,synthetic or quick wash setting which is best?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Newbie help please

Postby Louise » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:51 am

Boosters are not the same as inserts. Inserts are used to stuff pocket nappies. You add boosters if you need additional absorbency in your nappies. (Which TBH you probably will as the inserts that come with cheapies are usually very thin mf or bamboo and not adequate enough for most babies). I'd buy bamboo boosters and add at least 1 into each nappy along with the insert. Then you should get around 2.5 hours out of each nappy before it needs changing. Yes the inserts will get wet as unlike disposables there are no chemicals to absorb the liquids.

Washwise a quick wash will definitely not get the nappies clean enough. Depending on whether you live in a hard or soft water area you'll need to use 1/4 to 2/3 of your usual dose of powder. I cold rinse my nappies first (washing straight at 40 or 60 will set in smells), then wash at 60 with almost a full dose of bio powder as we live in a hard water area (bio powder is much better at getting nappies clean than non bio) then rinse 2 or 3 times at the end to remove as much detergent as possible. The nappies should not smell of anything at all when they come out of the machine. If they smell of detergent then they need rinsing more or you need to use less powder.

My avatar
pruep2
Clothie
Clothie

Postby pruep2 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:10 am

Im not sure if my rinse is cold it doesn't say?
It was papoose I wrote it down wrong!
Where's best to buy extra inserts and boosters,I'm only using them during the day

My avatar
teaforthree
Clothie
Clothie

Postby teaforthree » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi I have a papoose and I really liked the pattern on it but we found it leaked badly round the legs and it was hard to boost, my daughter has chunky thighs and a skinny middle and getting both to be a good fit was hard! I got the ll bamboo boosters on offer, £12 for 10 I think, and these are fab, use them all the time! Do have some cheapy bamboo ones which I think are fab, not keen on microterry I find it bulky and wee just goes straight through sometimes.

My machine doesn't do a cold wash :S not that I've found anyway - it doesn't even do 30! I usually do a 40 prewash and 60 normal wash and extra rinse, it's not a great machine though and I suspect the temps aren't very accurate anymore.

Kim x

My avatar
ChristinePlush
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby ChristinePlush » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Not remotely related to the post but just had to say Louise I love the cake in your profile pic - did you make that?

Return to AIO's (All in ones)