Bumgenius/little lambs/easyfits/Charlie banana - stuck choos

My avatar
Skyy82
Clothie
Clothie

Bumgenius/little lambs/easyfits/Charlie banana - stuck choos

Postby Skyy82 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:36 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and I'm trying to decide on which nappies to go for. As suggested by many I will get two different varieties and try them both but I've whittled it down to 4 but I can't really afford 4 different along with the final outlay when I chose so looking for some input.

BG v4/ or freetime
Easyfits
Charlie bananas
Little lambs osfa

Any recommendations would be appreciated. My wee mans an average wetter, so I'm looking for something that is quick drying, looks good on, I.e doesn't look too bulky on and ease of use. I Look forward to yr replies :)

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Bumgenius/little lambs/easyfits/Charlie banana - stuck choos

Postby Johanna21 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:44 pm

From your list, the only ones I've used are BG so I'm afraid I'm not much help. If you do go for them though I'd suggest snaps as the applix doesn't last well and is useless for inquisitive toddlers who very quickly figure out how to undo it (I have a couple of Tots Bots with velcro/applix which seems much better but I don't use them as often as the BGs so couldn't swear to it being better!). Also, ditch the inserts and go with a hemp and bamboo combo.

Hopefully someone will be along soon who's a bit more helpful. Good luck :thumbsup:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:02 pm

I haven't used any of those with DS3 but I do hear good things about easyfits & they dry very quick. If he's an average wetter you should be fine. I tried the teenyfits when DS3 was a bubba but he out-pee'd them in less than an hour!

I used bamboo/hmep with pockets but they do take much longer to dry so if your lil man is not a heavy wetter, you should be fine with the mf inserts you often get with pockets. Sorry I can't be of more help!

My avatar
Skyy82
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Skyy82 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks for the replies :) Its so hard choosing! The BG's do seem to be very popular! Wish I had the money to try them all :) but I'm looking forward to making a decision and getting them in to use :yahoo:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:13 pm

We prefer Easyfits to BG, not tried the others though :)

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:39 pm

are you planning on buying a whole kit all at once? We got a couple of trial kits to start with and then got more of the ones we liked. From your list we've used easyfits (not the newer ones) and bumgenius. Def agree with snaps, especially as the bumgenius aplix on ours has gone really curly and I need to change it before we can use them again now as the nappies just undo themselves... the easyfit aplix is really good even on the ooold preloved one we have. Between the two that we have, I prefer the outer fabric of the bumgenius as it's softer, but we only had v2 teenyfits and an ?original? aquastars easyfit so I don't know if the new outer fabric is softer?

Both of these tend to leak ds's poo (he is on movicol) down the legs and we prefer bamboozles and (blueberry) wraps for containment. So if your lo is younger, maybe hold off till they are weaning?!

have fun nappy shopping :)

My avatar
Skyy82
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Skyy82 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:30 pm

I'm hoping to get the majority of nappies required from the start, so want to get it right if possible and save money by buying a bulk lot rather than getting several brands.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 am

Have you considered a trial offer? Fill your Pants do a 'Try Cloth for £10' scheme: http://www.fill-your-pants.com/cloth-na ... trial.html I've heard really good things about it. Charlie Banana One Size, Tots Bots EasyFit and various other brands are included. It's a good way of finding out what suits you/your baby without spending heaps of cash.

The thing is, the four types of nappies you've listed are all good brands but it's difficult to say what is best for you because it depends on a lot of things including the size and shape of your baby, how much they wee, your washing routine, whether your baby reacts badly to manmade fibres etc. For example, loads of people on CNT swear by Easyfits and, while I can see that they are objectively a good nappy, I've never been able to get a particularly good fit on my short 'n' chunky Little Miss. And I've personally always had a soft spot for prefolds while I know lots of people don't get on with them at all....

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:47 am

Skyy82 wrote:I'm hoping to get the majority of nappies required from the start, so want to get it right if possible and save money by buying a bulk lot rather than getting several brands.

I totally understand wanting to save money (am a permanently skint sahm myself) and getting a whole kit at once would be a great way to do it :thumbsup: but maybe look at it this way, as stormflowers says, you might find your kit doesn't work well for your lo (or you) for whatever reason. By spending £50 on a trial kit now, (or on classifieds) maybe you save all those £ on a kit you hate using that leaks/ is a pain to do up/ your lo reacts to/ takes forever to dry? The ones we don't love from the trial kits we got (we got 2) are either sized and packed away waiting for the next arrival, or are our emergency nappies... not because they don't work, it's just that we don't like them as much as the others. Or you could sell on the ones you don't like before getting a whole kit?

This is only my opinion, obviously, and I do know some people who used a full kit from the start, although both of those used 2-parters (one used little lambs right till potty training, the other used bambino mio but has recently bought a trial of flips).

Whatever you choose to do is bound to be right for you, so enjoy the :mail: :D

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)