hf1

Magic-Alls

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Magic-Alls

Postby skaheadpunk » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:44 am

I'm watching 3 on ebay. They are extra small, so would hopefully fit my skinny baby ok.

Are they that bad? I only ever hear terrible things about AIOs! She only does little wees though, so you'd think they'd be able to handle it... a handkerchief could handle her wee!

So to buy or not to buy? And will anyone notice my little girl has blue nappies?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:18 am

I have replied to you on the daily thread but will post here too.

I think mostly people prefer pockets to aios because of the lack of flexibility in absorbency (you can add boosters but that sort of defeats the object of an aio) and the length of time they take to dry as you cannot take them apart.

So if you are prepared for those things then I have actually been hearing good things about aios lately (especially the Bumgenius aio).

Absorbency is never a big deal with newborns but I am not sure how good they are at poo containment. I have only really heard people talk about Magicalls on older babies, certainly don't know anyone who has used them in XS. So you could b e a guinea pig :wink:

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:39 am

Hi,

I've got a magic-all and I really like it. It last Kiara a good 2 hours and it's super easy to use.
It doesn't take that long to dry but sometimes it isn't completely dry although it feels it. I've put it on Kiara a couple of times when I thought it was dry and she was completely soaked.lol

My avatar
flamesparrow
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby flamesparrow » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:23 pm

Mine leaks... a lot :cry:

I have taken to just using it with a wrap. Much prefer my swaddlebees for AIOness

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:53 pm

Bum, didn't get them! I really want one now.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:27 pm

Hun, have you tried a Bimble with a NB Prorap?? That was my best combo when Louis was very tiny (he dropped to 6.5 lbs).

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:33 pm

clothmama wrote:Hun, have you tried a Bimble with a NB Prorap?? That was my best combo when Louis was very tiny (he dropped to 6.5 lbs).

Bimbles come almost up tp her armpits... tried today with a NB cotton bottoms and NB Junior Joy warp, couldn't do they up small enough to fit her thighs - it was all gappy. Does a prorap have crossover tabs?

I've got an XS Fuzzi on the way. My biggest problem is the wraps really, cos I can fold bimbles down and use terries for the nappy part, but it's useless without a water-proof bit!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:42 pm

aaarrgghh, i can't remember tbh but I think it fits from 4-10lbs or something like that. Shoudl definately be small enough. I'll google it and get back!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:45 pm

oops no 6 -10 lbs but they have a 'low birht weight' one which is 2 (wtf???)-6 lbs. Here's a uk stockist.

huggababy.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=95&CategoryID=16&List=1&SortField=EAN%2CProductName&catpageindex=2&Level=a&ProductID=51

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)