hf1

Tots bots AIO onsize?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Tots bots AIO onsize?

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:37 am

Annette wrote:Oh yeah, the other problem I have is that it isn't too bad to stuff but if it is pooey, it is a real pita to unstuff to put in the washing machine :-?

Do you think you need to though? I did when I used it yesterday (didn't get on that well with it but could do with more prewashing I think) but it only had wee on so wasn't that bad. But a normal AIO you wouldn't need to do that to and I thought this was mainly for drying? Don't want to end up with a dirty nappy though!

I wou dthink you could still sell it with a poo stai, just wouldn't get as much? I have bought stained stuff before, i would rather buy stained nappies and spend less!

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:21 pm

I normally unstuff/unpopper everything before washing, as I'm unreasonably paranoid about (even washed!) poo collecting in pockets. Also my machine is a high efficiency/low water one so I just feel happier having all nappies disassembled before washing.

I must get that nappy out in the sun and see if the stains fade at all. They have gone a little bit over time.

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby worcestercat » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Annette wrote:Oh yeah, the other problem I have is that it isn't too bad to stuff but if it is pooey, it is a real pita to unstuff to put in the washing machine :-?

:idea: How do you get your hand down the hole to stuff the booster in let alone stuff the floppy flap back in?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:09 pm

JennyPenny wrote:

Do you think you need to though? I did when I used it yesterday (didn't get on that well with it but could do with more prewashing I think) but it only had wee on so wasn't that bad. But a normal AIO you wouldn't need to do that to and I thought this was mainly for drying? Don't want to end up with a dirty nappy though!

I wou dthink you could still sell it with a poo stai, just wouldn't get as much? I have bought stained stuff before, i would rather buy stained nappies and spend less!

I didn't the first time I washed it and the bamboo bit ended up all scrunched up in the middle and I am not convinced it would get properly clean. I always unstuff pockets and this to me is a pocket with an attached insert and one that comes out - not really an aio :-?

My avatar
treedelivery
Clothie
Clothie

Postby treedelivery » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:24 am

I just sent one back - I found the leg cuff really hard and crinkly.

Swapped for a bumGenius - great at what it does but I don't love it you know?

Wanna try a thirsties aio, but no funds. Tut :roll:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Just wanted to say, I am starting to really love my tots AIO. I have the bamboo one but took the removable insert out and replace it with an easy peasy hemp (but nearly everything of mine contains an EP hemp lol). And that seems to work really well. The fit is absolutly perfect on Elouise. fits really nicely. I prefer this I think to her pockets (BBOS, GK, BG etc). BUT they don't come in enough patterns! And very expensive to get a few too.

I will give it a try on the newborn in a few weeks. I am guessing I would just have the stuffing that is attached to it?

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby worcestercat » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:32 pm

JennyPenny wrote:Just wanted to say, I am starting to really love my tots AIO. I have the bamboo one but took the removable insert out and replace it with an easy peasy hemp (but nearly everything of mine contains an EP hemp lol). And that seems to work really well. The fit is absolutly perfect on Elouise. fits really nicely. I prefer this I think to her pockets (BBOS, GK, BG etc). BUT they don't come in enough patterns! And very expensive to get a few too.

I will give it a try on the newborn in a few weeks. I am guessing I would just have the stuffing that is attached to it?

That's great news! What is drying time like and also slimness? I know it will be comparable to other bamboo nappies but really my fluffle one is thicker than the sanitary towels they had when my mum was a teenager!

By the way, are the EP hemp boosters really quite slim? Are they slimmer than the hemp part of the BBOS booster (if you have one) or about the same? Thanks x

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:15 pm

They do take a long time to dry, which is a shame. But TBH we have so many nappies, I don't really know how long as all my nappies usually end up hanging up longer than they actually need to because I am lazy and if we have enough to use, they just stay hanging (if inside obviously).

My newborn is now wearing it for the first time which is what made me look back at this thread. It seems a good fit. Not 100% sure it is tight enough on the legs, but she is very skinny. We will soon see when she does a bit runny BF poo! Lol. She is sitting on her Daddy too! It isn't too bulky either. She is only around 7lb at the mo so pretty impressive considering it also fits Elouise who is 16 months and it is a really good fit on her too.

My avatar
gem and leland
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gem and leland » Mon May 04, 2009 3:27 pm

my new aio has stained too not on the bamboo but near the cuff , gutted ! im starting to love mine more , it leaked so much before its had its 10 washes but really did last well the other day and didnt leak at all even tho he had a mega nap !

do you have to use the insert bit if there not a heavy wetter tho ?

Previous

Return to AIO's (All in ones)