My avatar
Janfusion
Clothie
Clothie

Advice on Itti's!

Postby Janfusion » Wed May 20, 2009 10:28 am

Hi,

I'm new to this site - it looks great so far!! :D
I was wanting to know if anyone has used small itti bitti's up to 9 months as it says on their website? I've been using them on my LO (5 weeks old) and they are great but would wonder how they would fit and how well they would work at keeping poo and pee in on an older baby. Just would like to check before I buy more.

Any advice would be great,

Jan x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Advice on Itti's!

Postby flutterby » Wed May 20, 2009 10:30 am

I cannot imagine them fitting ANY baby up to 9 months, my DD is 10 months and really quite small (15lb) and the larges fit her well!!

She also used mediums from around 4 weeks (8lb) and they fitted fine! HTHs

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Wed May 20, 2009 10:57 am

they are v small sized

i find they are good at wee and poo containment- but i did stop using them for a while as sam out wee'ed them now i add an extra booster and they are fine. I have never had a poo leak but i know some people have and i think for runny poo's probably not the best :-?

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Wed May 20, 2009 2:10 pm

I haven't used small size but my DD has been wearing mediums from about 6 weeks old (she was 6lb 15oz at birth)

She's now 4 months and about 14lbs and she wears both medium and large. I'm finding both the absorbency and containment really good on her so far :) The larges fitted my son until he was just over 2 IIRC (he's average weight and build) They lasted 2-3 hours ok on him at that age.

My avatar
mummymel
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummymel » Sat May 23, 2009 8:28 am

Charlie is 8 months and wears the larges and I have no problems with poo or wee containment :)

It will all depend upon the way your baby grows as to how long the smalls will fit. Charlie has been in larges since about 5 months but I have a friend who's dd is around 18months and still wears the mediums.

My avatar
Janfusion
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Janfusion » Sun May 24, 2009 9:37 am

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all your advice - I think I'll stick to my small size at the moment - LO legs are still quite skinny. Good to know they last though. I'm sure she'll have chubbier legs soon.

Thanks again

Jan x

My avatar
knittingmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby knittingmum » Sun May 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi there,

My DD is 16 months and wears the mediums very comfortably - in fact she's on one of the tightest settings :shock: She is very petite - 18lbs 13oz this week, plus short and slim!

I love my Itti Bittis, but they really depend on the build of your LO I would think.

HTH
georgia
:bf: :knit:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed May 27, 2009 10:02 am

Ben wore mediums from 3 months and they weren't on the tightest setting - but then he has never been particularly skinny :giggle:

Return to AIO's (All in ones)