My avatar
Zingylemontart
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover
Une bonne tarte francaise

Help! My Medium Itti looks TINY!!

Postby Zingylemontart » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi all

Got a medium Itti Snap in One before our hols, and I only just got a chance to have a good look. It looks miniscule!! DS is 16 weeks and just over 18lbs (8.2Kg) - I just can't see it fitting him, and yet the Itti website states that the medium should fit up to 12Kg. Is there something I should know about Ittis? Are they the TARDIS of the nappy world? :giggle:

TIA

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Help! My Medium Itti looks TINY!!

Postby Rox » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:51 pm

lol - yes, they are very well known for being small/slim nappies - theyre designed to be low rise and as such are not to everyones taste.

I think they suggest sizing up one if you would prefer a higher rise, but obv then there could be problems with leg fittings.

I think my DD was about 19lb when i got her first Itti and i went for a large and it fit fine, she also easily fit the medium but i thought large might last a bit longer so got that instead.

My avatar
Zingylemontart
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Zingylemontart » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:03 pm

Thanks, Rox. I'll try it on him and see how he goes. He's a chubster, so we may end up selling it on and getting a large, but I'll give it a chance, first.

Cheers.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:07 pm

My DD has chubby thighs and she fits in both medium and large atm (she's 5 months old) She's been wearing large ittis from 4 months old - the last couple I've bought have been large rather than medium just so they'll last longer. The large is still a nice trim fit on her :)

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:08 pm

my ds is in a meduim and hes 7 months, weighs 20lb. fits fine although wont last much longer. no leaks either

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:10 pm

I have only just put Gracie into larges (she is 19lbs at 14 months!!) but the medium still fitted fine and weren't on the loosest snaps. x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:12 pm

I agree with the others, large may be better. Although there's not much difference in sizings. In this pic here the jade is a medium and the fuschia a large.

My avatar
Zingylemontart
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Zingylemontart » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Thanks for all the replies.

The pic is really helpful. ISWYM about there not being THAT much difference in the sizes. I guess it's just a case of trial and error as to whether he fits the med or the large. Ho hum...I just wish he'd poo to order, that way I could see which type suited his nuclear bowels, and just get on with collecting those! :giggle:

Thanks again.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Just to reiterate what has been said, my DD is 17lb at 11 months, and fits into the larges, though she does fit mediums too, she's fitted in mediums from 8lb, and larges from about 14lb I think!

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)