hf1

Anyone used pop-in nappies?

My avatar
sandraseventynine
Clothie
Clothie

Anyone used pop-in nappies?

Postby sandraseventynine » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:14 pm

I have ordered a 10 pack of pop-in nappies for my twins (5 each) and was just wondering if anyone has used them? I've read some good reviews on them but I have to admit I didn't research them much, they were a bit of an impulse buy :oops: .
My twins are boys, 7 weeks old & are 9lb 6oz & 10lb 13oz. As they are BTP I am hoping to use them straight away on them. How many times should I wash them first? I've never been sure how many washes before first use was best and should I dry them in between these washes or just stick them in the machine again? Should I use detergent or not for these washes?
Any way any info on how people have got on with them would be great :D .
Thanks,
Sandra x

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Anyone used pop-in nappies?

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:01 pm

I think the pop-ins are great, they are very reliable and very absorbant but find the inners (particularly where elasticated) take a long time to dry.

My dd is 13 months and weighs about 20lb and we have to use them on the biggest setting so at a guess i would say if you have chunky monkeys they may not last till potty training!

Having never used them on the smallest setting not sure whether the inners would bunch up either :-? They fit fine on largest setiing so may be too big in reality on the smallest?

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:53 pm

I have just today bought one! I tried it on for size on my 22mth old who is tall (have had issues finding nappies that fit) and its a great fit....probably not going to go to potty but I will certainly get good use out of it for her! not sure on the drying part yet but the inners are bamboo so probably a good while unless you tumble....Might be worth investing in some more inners if they sell them separate from the nappies :-?

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:47 pm

I have got one and a pack of 20 on order. The popins do take a while to dry I had it over night in the airing cupboard and then put outside for probably another 4 hours. My BG was dry without going outside.

I didn't prewash and DS did quite a big wee and a poo and all was contain. Must admit I didn't leave it on too long as I was sure without prewash IYKWIM. I will be using fleece liners with mine as last time he was in it I noticed that he was quite damp when I changed it. HTH. :wink:

Return to AIO's (All in ones)