hf1

Difference in absorbency between M/L Ittis?

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Difference in absorbency between M/L Ittis?

Postby lollipoplizzie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:33 pm

I'm finding it really hard to part with my Ittis, they are my perfect nappy but they aren't lasting long any more. I'm thinking of getting some in the next size up in the hope that the absorbency is greater - has anyone got any experience of this? Are the size large significantly more absorbent than the mediums? I feel horribly sad at the thought of not using them any more, I can't get my head around having a new set of nappies.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Difference in absorbency between M/L Ittis?

Postby mabo » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:42 pm

I take it you already use the extra insert for them?
We only have L's for Anna so cant really compare, but I'd assume there is a bit more fabric for the L's than M's so theoretically it should absorb a bit more - however I also think this would be marginal...
I do seem to remember Hannah saying that she fits her HL Bedbug boosters in her Itti's to add another layer... could be wrong though!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:30 pm

I've never used M Ittis but bough one for my sister and there is hardly any size difference between the two so IMO you wouldn't really get a huge amount of extra absorbency moving up to a large. The jade is a medium and the fuschia a large in this pic.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:32 pm

not much difference in size like louise said. sorry :(

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Thanks for the pic Louise, I'm really surprised at how little difference there is. I have bought a large limited edition Itti so I will see for myself shortly, but the outlook does look rather bleak doesn't it. :(

I'm amazed that anyone that has a baby big enough to go into a large could actually use them though, now that DD is weaning she can out-pee the normal two inserts in an hour if she puts her mind to it, although the mini booster does sometimes get her to 3h if we're lucky. I'm pretty sure it's the water that she drinks that does it, she drinks from her mug and then about 20mins later floods the place! :x

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:05 pm

I put a large on my DD (it was pre loved, so well washed) who is around 30lbs ish... and it leaked within an hour. Itti's don't seem to work with her, she is a very heavy wetter though. Mediums work fantastic on Isaac though...

Return to AIO's (All in ones)