hf1

Recommend to me an AIO

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Recommend to me an AIO

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:18 am

I am looking to get an AIO to try as my OH finds fitteds and wraps a bit fiddly and he can't figure out the boosters so a few times I have woken up to find Findlay in all sorts of odd combinations :giggle: (although he is now at least attempting it rather than just putting a sposie on). He likes the Slinki Minki I've got as I leave it prestuffed so he can just put it on like a sposie so I thought as well as getting a couple more pockets I'd look at trying an AIO.

Findlay is quite teeny tiny (currently 6lb 7oz), long and skinny and I think he is a heavy wetter for his size so we need something that is as slim fitting and absorbant as possible. Also if I could find something really really cute that would be a bonus :D

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Recommend to me an AIO

Postby emmalala » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:34 am

i use itti bitti d'lish but not sure if thats an all in one. lol! bumgenius are pretty fool proof as well although i dont think they are cute. sure the other ladies will be better at answering than me! :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:16 am

Itti bitt make AIOs as well as AI2s, the AIOs are FAB!!

But honestly, I think it's easier to just use pockets and make sure they are prestuffed ready for OH, AIOs often aren't absorbent enough, and you can't boost them as easily as a pocket!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:39 am

My fav AIO/AIO2 are Iish fly's and Cushie Tushies - both Australian nappies but I think they are now available over there.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:02 pm

My DD is a tall, skinny heavy wetter. I used a Bumgenius AIO when Iris was tiny, which coped well as she was changed so frequently (I'm talking when she was a newborn here). As she got bigger, I tried an Itti Bitti. They're a very trim fitting nappy (quite short in the rise) and I found that it wasn't absorbent enough for her. If I didn't boost, it didn't last long. If I did boost (which rather defeats the point of an AIO, I think!), it made the fit dreadful around her skinny legs. It put me off AIOs. I'd agree with Hanna - pre-stuffed pockets might be the better option.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:28 pm

I really think if you want something simple for your OH then an AI2 would be more effort than a pocket, if you want an AIO make sure it is an AIO not and AI2, AI2s confuse my OH!

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks everyone. I think stick to getting pockets then for the absorbancy side of things. Now just need to sell my 2 brand new BTP pockets to fund some new ones that will actually fit him now/very soon! :roll:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:42 am

Bobble Boy's Mum wrote:Thanks everyone. I think stick to getting pockets then for the absorbancy side of things. Now just need to sell my 2 brand new BTP pockets to fund some new ones that will actually fit him now/very soon! :roll:

Oh bless, have you tried bumgenius, they are BTP but I'm sure Annette used them on Ben from around 6 lb

Return to AIO's (All in ones)