hf1

New sizing for Ittis?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

New sizing for Ittis?

Postby rhead » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:40 am

I just got a new strawberry fields Itti, and it's a totally different size from my other larges - the trifold soaker is about an inch and a half longer! Did I just get a weird one or have they adjusted the sizing to make the rise a bit higher?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: New sizing for Ittis?

Postby emmalala » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:42 am

i was thinking the same! the tri fold one looks huge. if fits on ok though. no idea if theyve changed the sizes though. and it seems like slightly different material too, although maybe thats just me :giggle:

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:48 am

I've just received two brand new Itti's and cant get over how different they always look and feel when new...

I think its more because they are new than that they have changed the size.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:49 am

mabo wrote:I've just received two brand new Itti's and cant get over how different they always look and feel when new...

I think its more because they are new than that they have changed the size.

true, they always shrink a bit after a wash or two

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 am

Hi - I have some new and some preloved ittis and they were so different. After a few washes though the inserts shrink a lot and fit much better.....

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:09 am

I did think it might be a shrinkage thing but compared after I'd prewashed twice and I really can't see it shrinking THAT much ... the top booster is a good inch longer and the trifold closer to an inch and a half, and the one I was comparing it to is practically new (probably hasn't had its 10 washes yet as I don't have the patience to prewash loads of times :oops:).

I thought maybe they decided to make them a bit longer after seeing comments about babies outgrowing the rise, but I had a peek on their web site and didn't see anything about changing the sizing... and the shell seems to have about the same amount of stretch in it. Weird eh?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:17 am

how odd, might have to check mine!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:55 am

well i have

preloved medium
preloved medium pink with spots
preloved smalls
brand new medium pink with spots

the spotty ones are nearer a size small! i am thinking of asking for another one because its getting tight already!

they have all been washed and the preloved medium was claimed to be brand new only prewashed once? i am baffled

Return to AIO's (All in ones)